FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Fifty years ago today I left high school early (I had enough credits to graduate) and joined the US Navy.<br /><br />Was I the April Fool, or was Uncle Sam?
Obviously, you got your education later, and enjoy a lot of peace at the hideout after years of endeavor, must have been a help to the Navy, so I'd say its a wash, neither was the April fool.
JB,<br /><br />I would say it was a different time with a completely different set of ethics and beliefs.<br /><br />I for one, thank you for your service.<br /><br />Neither was the fool, we all benefitted.
the fool?<br />must be me.<br />i run out of fingers LONG before i can count to "fifty years ago today".<br /><br />not fersher, but think i run oudda toes too.<br /><br />(Thanx JB & God bless)
my guess is it was mutually beneficial JB.<br />gonna bet you lernt some and we all benefited<br />some from yur service...<br /><br />besides, yur still teachin folks (including me)<br />on this forum. I am grateful for both sir.<br /><br />BTW. the wife saw the april fools joke a mile away!<br />my eldest son is home sick and he bit hook, line<br />and sinker