Nottely/Blue Ridge/Chatuge

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you know them, which of these lakes would you prefer to have a home on, and why? (I know Blue Ridge, but not the other two, and have started looking for places on all three).

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Nottely/Blue Ridge/Chatuge

Have only been on Nottely and it was very nice!

One thing I would not like is how far down they draw water in winter. This may get complicated...my wife's sister's husband's brother has a house on Nottely. Their cove is totally dry during draw down. I'm sure that is better than flooding come spring. I'm not sure if they bring the other two so low during winter or not.

Chuck1a

Seaman
Re: Nottely/Blue Ridge/Chatuge

Chatuge, enough said (Grin)

Size, Year round depths, Location, Views, Amenities.

Size - Take Blue Ridge, double it you get Nottely. Take Nottely double it you get Chatuge.

Depths - They only draw Chatuge down about 8 - 10 feet now. Blue Ridge is going to have a major draw down this year for repairs at the dam. May be awhile before it comes back up. As Blifsey said Nottely is a shallow lake so some place you may have a couple feet of mud in front of you in the winter.

Location - Easy year round access via paved roads. Two hours to any where.

Views - With the way the lake lays you get some great open layered mountain views. Very few mountain lakes will give that to you. Most of them are boxed in by the mountains.

Amenities - Three marinas, Lake front restaurants, Fireworks on the 4th, concerts, beaches, etc...

If you are serious drop me an email. Are you looking for a lot, house, or condo? There is some great deals right now if you have the cash.

Chuck