Nothing in my Profile works...still

Reserector_

Chief Petty Officer" & 2021 Splash of the Year Win
Ever since I joined, I have not been able to add a profile pic, nor even change my password because nothing in my Profile section is clickable. I can click Done Editing and Save and that's it. The Support button doesn't even work.
In the beginning, I tried adding a profile pic, which is listed at Mark.jpg but it won't post, and I cannot delete it.

Is there anyone who can have a look at that please? I have way too much content posted to abandon this User Profile and start another.

southkogs

Staff member
Can you put a couple of screen shots up? What browser are you using? I haven't had any problems with anything in the profile editing (literally just tried it).

The support button works, but tickets aren't getting answered very quickly right now.

Reserector_

Only the buttons in the header work. The little camera circle in the profile picture box, the 'Change Profile Photo' and 'Done Editing. Maybe a couple other things that let me toggle between some of the Profile categories. All else is dead as a door nail.
I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and even the Samsung browser on my phone. Tried on my work PC, Home PC, church PC, and phone.

Attachments

• photo340350.png
    photo340350.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo340351.png
    photo340351.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
So, in your second image: in the text box where it says "Profile Picture" and has a <CHOOSE FILE> button - that button isn't working?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Why would you dump what you have and start over just because some profile options aren't working for you?

Reserector_

So, in your second image: in the text box where it says "Profile Picture" and has a <CHOOSE FILE> button - that button isn't working?

Correct. It does nothing when I mouse over it. Unclickable.

My messages work, by the way. It just seems to be everything else in my profile that is frozen up.

Reserector_

Why would you dump what you have and start over just because some profile options aren't working for you?

I would only create a new user if my current user could be merged with a new account that has a working profile. That is an Admin capability on my forums that may be a possible fix on here. IDK.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I would suggest you not make any changes for the next 2-3 months or spend much time attempting to and getting frustrated.

it may not seem like it or help in the short term, but Admin and iboats are diligently working toward improvements.

Hang in there and be patient a little bit longer.

The Mods all have the exact same problems as most members and we are often frustrated too.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the issue stems from the need to move to VB5 with all its bugs and lack of stability for security reasons and most other forums are still on VB4. these issues have been plaguing the site for a few years.

Reserector_

Bravo! So far I've only navigated the upgraded site on my phone and I freaking love it!
Virtual hat tip to anyone and everyone who helped make this happen. :)