Not peeing tried trouble shooting

collinklevins

Recruit
I have a 2006 Mercury 75hp. I bought the boat from a friend and when I first bought it, the pee stream wasn’t exactly full, but the boat ran well. Just the other day, my wife and I were trying to take the boat out on the lake and once we started it, there was no stream coming out of the pee hole. I tried sticking something up the pee hole to see if there was a blockage but couldn’t find anything. We also removed the lower unit and inspected the impeller but the impeller is practically brand new. Im trying to do as much as I can without taking it in and being over charged for something I could’ve done myself.
Any suggestion? I did the water pipe that connects to the lower unit is kind of wobbly, wasn’t sure if that could effect it as well. I also wasn’t sure if you should feel suction where the motor takes in water, but after putting the lower unit back on, I didn’t feel any sort of suction trying to take water in through the impeller.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

pointblank1000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Remove lu and put it in a bucket of water make sure water level is high. Attach drive shaft to a drill and run. You should see water come up and out of the small tube couple of inches. Previous owner may have run the motor with a broken impeller pushing pieces up into the tube or motor.
Assume the worst out of the previous owners.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Remove lu and put it in a bucket of water make sure water level is high. Attach drive shaft to a drill and run. You should see water come up and out of the small tube couple of inches. Previous owner may have run the motor with a broken impeller pushing pieces up into the tube or motor.
Where can I get one of those handy "drill to driveshaft" adaptors?
They are out of stock here locally.

collinklevins

Recruit
I’ll try this! Thank you.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The water pumps are elegantly simple.----I doubt you can assemble one so it does not work.------Check for blockage of pump intake screen and passageway.----The tell tale hose can get blocked with weeds and mud.----Make sure it and the fittings are clear.