North Channel.

Hello everyone, planning a trip to the North Channel this summer. I have a 22' Sunrunner cuddy and the wife and I kinda boat camp with it. I have all the paper charts and two guide books for the trip, so we just have to go over an itinerary to see where we will stop each day and have a look about. We did the Trent-Severn last year and had a great time. I put a rebuilt engine in the boat a week prior to the trip and only had one issue with the alternator belt. Things are a bit nuts up here in Canada where you can't even buy a new boat apparently. Everyone is sold out and people are heading to the water to get out of the house and trying to have some sort of life with the restrictions.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I have been up there.-----Visit-----" The Pool "------You won't need any books or a TV when you are there.----Magical places up there.

ahicks

Captain
Whale's Back area. All pink rock. World class sailing area.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If you like rocks , trees and water Baie Fine is a wonderful area.----And in late July / August there is nothing like pancakes with freshly gathered blueberries.------Or blue berry pie for desert.

We are going in July after my daughters wedding. Going to do Henry's fish house for sure and looking forward to spending nights on the hook. My wife is a bit nervous about it but I told her it's all going to be fine, I have an anchoring app on my phone that will alarm if I stray out of my anchor zone. Making up some side curtains for the bimini for privacy and rigging up a kicker mount for and old 3 hp Evinrude tank top on the swim platform in case we have engine issues.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Put a night at anchor / tied to shore in the Bustards Islands on your schedule.----Last time I was there it looked like folks were in there for the entire summer on a house boat.----Come and go with a 18" runabout.----Classic Georgian Bay in there.

ahicks

Captain
Yup, there are many places where you can tie up to a tree on shore, throw an anchor off the back, and be set for days....