no water from pee hole in neutral gear

yoonhahn

Cadet
Hello I am Hahn. I've just join this forum. I am very new to outboard motors, and just bought 1982 7.5 hp mercury outboard. The ex owner said It need to change impeller so I changed it from watching youtube. After that, water not coming out of pee hole in neutral gear, but it coming out in forward and backward gear. Is it normal or something wrong? please help me. Thanks

yoonhahn

Cadet
Hi Thank you so much for your help and Merry Christmas.
I found same diagram according to my motor's serial number, but my motor is not same as diagram. I have no clue.
There is no thermostat in my motor. Pee hole tube and connector go straight through cylinder and no thermostat assembly from part # 29-35.
serial # 6111515 thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Was the guide tube used to get the copper water tube into the pump on assembly ??----And on severe overheat a plastic piece at the top of the water tuber melts and then blocks flow to the motor.

yoonhahn

Cadet
1.jpg 2.jpg

Thanks for replying again I wonder you can see pictures clear. As you can see, I couldn't find thermostat.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
?----Correct there is no thermostat on your motor.-----Thermostat was only used for a few model years.---And perhaps it is not the original powerhead either.

yoonhahn

Cadet
Hi

I will try one more time to fix this problem. Before that, I need to be clear about impeller kit. When I bought the impeller kit, It had impeller, metal cover, plastic
tube, small metal key, and three rubber rings.I put thick the rubber ring top of water pump, and used one of ring placing top of drive shaft.
What is another rubber ring for? Please help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• 47-89981Q 1.jpg
    47-89981Q 1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0