NO SPARK ON FORCE 90 HP

TOOSTROKIN

Seaman Apprentice
I HAVE NO SPARK ON MY 90 HP FORCE IN A 1994 SPORT JET 90. WAS RUNNING FINE FRIDAY AND WENT TO START YESTERDAY AND NO SPARK ON ANY PLUG. RULED OUT THE SAFETY SWITCH. COILS TESTED OK. IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK THE IGNITION BOX AND STATOR WITH A MULTIMETER? ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: NO SPARK ON FORCE 90 HP

Welcome to iboats, 2stroke. Check the kill lanyard and the wire curcuit to it. They are touchy. You can also go back to the motor and disconnect the yellow wire with the black stripe to disable the ENTIRE kill circuit to test.<br />Caveat; When you do that, you'll have no way of killing the ignition, so do it with the fuel lines diconnected, using a spark tester. Lettuce know what you find.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> the kill wire is blk/yellow stripe. the yellow with black is choke/enrichment. DO NOT start that motor on the trailer without the dealer flush kit. the consumer flusher is not suitable for running the sportjet.<br /> a lean out in the exhaust can blow the plate gasket if the wrong flusher is used. the stator is the normal culprit,especially if its still a black one.my memory is fuzzy but use your ohm meter and test betwen the blue and red stator leads and blue/white and red white leads. you should have about 5K ohms on each test. the test red lead to ground and blue/white lead to ground and you should have about 125 ohms. all the above tests are for the black stator. and the leads disconnected from the switchbox. if you still have problems I will try to bring my sportjet manuals home.<br /> good luck and keep posting

TOOSTROKIN

Seaman Apprentice

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES. I WILL TRY THESE INITIAL TESTS TODAY. FIRST I WILL PULL THE FLYWHEEL TO SEE WHICH STATOR I HAVE.

TOOSTROKIN

Seaman Apprentice

OK I REMOVED THE FLYWHEEL AND IT APPEARS THAT THE STATOR HAS BEEN REPLACED BY THE PREVIOUS OWNER BEFORE. IT HAS 10/96 STAMPED ON IT. IT IS ALSO A REDDISH MAROON COLOR. NOT BLACK. IS THE TESTING PROCEDURE THE SAME FOR THIS STATOR COMPARED TO THE BLACK ONE? AND I ALSO TRIED DISCONNECTING THE KILL CIRCUIT WIRES PRIOR TO FLYWHEEL REMOVAL. WITH NO LUCK. STILL NO SPARK. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE TESTING THE STATOR AND TRIGGER COIL.

bgillis17

Recruit

I got a stator for sale and many other parts from a 1994 force outboard if you are interested. Let me know if your interested.

TOOSTROKIN

Seaman Apprentice

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TESTING PROCEDURES FOR THE SWITCHBOX AND THE STATOR THAT I HAVE. ITS NOT THE ORIGIONAL STATOR. APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN REPLACED. I HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO 1 OF THESE 2 COMPONETS THAT ARE MOST LIKELY BAD. THE NEAREST SHOP IS A 2 HR DRIVE AND THE BOAT STAYS DOCKED IN THE LAKE AND I HAVE NO TRAILER AT THIS TIME TO TRANSPORT IT. I WOULD LIKE TO TROUBLESHOOT AS MUCH AS I CAN BEFORE TRYING TO TAKE IT SOMEWHERE. THANKS.