No spark,,,No Reason???? Help!!

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: No spark,,,No Reason???? Help!!

I am really worried something burnt both of them up and would like to know what before we connect a new third one up!

Really only a couple of things burn them up, shorted tach, alternator over charging, or poor/bad case ground.

tdsr1

Cadet

Well, I converted the ignition over to the EST system, and the thing runs great. I had a small issue with the shift interrupter switch, but after some trial and error, we got the thing straightened out.

Now the problem with the electric choke, it doesn't open and I can't find a replacement. I just adjusted it so it won't close, and like I said, it runs great.

I have to assume that the ignition amp went bad, maybe due to a bad tach, I guess it killed the other ignition amp. (I also have replaced the tach).

Thanks to all for any and all suggestions. I really appreciate all the help, it's nice to know there is someplace to go with questions! Thanks again.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If your choke was working before, you probably just lost the powerlead to the choke while setting up the EST distributor.
You can come off the purple wire (ign.) for power, or you could come off the AC tap on the alternator to operate the choke.
Did you check for power at the choke connection with the ign. switch in the run position?

tdsr1

Cadet

I applied power to the choke and it never pulls off.