FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I'm not getting a spark at any of the four plugs. Stator is almost new. I unplugged the harness to the engine to eliminate any ground problems, still no spark. I am not getting any signal from the pulse generator. Is the pulse generator a common problem in these motors? or could it be bad main box? Please help!
Need to know what year the motor is. There are several ignition systems used on the 120HP motors. Trouble-shooting steps are dependent on which one you have.
There are several things that could be wrong. Stator, trigger or switch box is where I would start. You stated that the stator is almost new, so you can probably eliminate it for now.
Do you have access to an ohm meter and are familiar with how to use one? If so you can use the guide in the link below to trouble-shoot the ignition system. Look at the section labeled "Four cylinder engines 1991- 1995".