NO POWER

nat85501

Cadet
Hello,
I have a 87 Champion bass boat i have power in certain parts and other that dont. i have power at the key motor will start. i don't have power to the toggle switch's, bilge pump or the Live well aerators. My pops and I have ran the wire everything seems to in in good shape no breaks. looked at ever inline fuse possible we can see. any help before taking it into the shop would be helpful..

has a black max XR2 150

dwco5051

Commander
Can't help with your exact boat but I may b able to help with the basics of most bass boat wiring. You have three wiring circuits. The first is for the motor and would be connected to the main battery. That would start the motor, power the trim, certain gauges such as the tach. The second would be hooked up to the same battery and would run the stuff you don't have power to. Do you have at least two wires coming from each post? One set of them would be the one you are looking for. That red wire may or not have a circuit breaker within a foot or so of th battery. It will lead to the instrument panel. Often to a master switch that feeds the other switchs. This is the wires that you are having trouble with.
The third circuit is connected to the trolling battery (batteries if you have a 12/24 trolling motor) That is the one to worry about if your trolling motor doesn't work. Hope this helps.

nat85501

Cadet
Thank you that is kind of what we are finding out just limited time with work to mess with it right now thank you.

nat85501

Cadet
YESSS that was the problem i have power now I'd like to change my circuit breakers and toggles out they are the originals and just like to have new ones to ensure i have no other issues. i pulled one out it says E-T-A series 1658. I have found these on several on lines but the come in different sizes i figure different size for nav light, bilge pump, power, accessories, and aerator. but does anyone have wiring diagram for this so i know which ones to get. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP

Bondo

Staff member
but does anyone have wiring diagram for this so i know which ones to get.
Ayuh,..... Yer gonna have to map it out for yerself, truly doubt you'll find a diagram anywhere for it,.....