No Power when I try to start my 1988 Yamaha 130

fsutim

Seaman
When I tried to start my outboard this evening I seemed to be getting no power to the ignition. It hadnt been started in about 4 months. I couldnt hear anything coming from the ignition or the engine when I turned the key, almost as if there was a bad ground or something. When I tried to trim up the motor (the trim is located on the controls) the trim also didnt have any power. I have a battery switch that was turned to all power on and it runs off one battery. My automatic bilge and my stereo were working fine this evening off that one battery. Any idea what may be the problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: No Power when I try to start my 1988 Yamaha 130

The starter motor and trim pump are high amps users, a partially flat battery or bad connections are usually not up to the task. Test the batt and wire brush clean all main connections (especially grounds).

My guess is a flat battery.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

check battery connections and battery voltage

fsutim

Seaman

Thanks for the help Everyone, The battery needed to be recharged. Unforunately the boat sat for a long time so it looks like i'm going to now have to rebuild the carbs. But at least I now have power.