"No Oil" Alarm on 1999 FICHT 90HP

Shorebreak91

Cadet
Starting a new thread from this one here: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/1999-90hp-ficht-premix-conversion.759309/#post-5792813

I know the complaints/hate regarding my engine....that all aside, just trying to get a sense of what the most likely issue is related to this alarm.

1) Pressure sensor on the oil lift pump
2) Oil lift pump itself
3) Oil injection pump
4) Wires/separate fuel tank and its piston pump
So far, I have ordered a new pressure sensor, a "new" used oil lift pump, and a new separate oil tank with the new piston pump. What are the chances it is one of those 3? Fingers crossed it's not the much more expensive oil injection pump.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
So instead of having it scanned and getting the specific code, you decided to load the parts cannon. Good luck with that approach. If your mechanic worked on it why did he not tell you why part was throwing the code. Everything you just bought probably exceeded the value of the motor.

Shorebreak91

Cadet
So instead of having it scanned and getting the specific code, you decided to load the parts cannon. Good luck with that approach. If your mechanic worked on it why did he not tell you why part was throwing the code. Everything you just bought probably exceeded the value of the motor.

EDITED after I found the page with the code. Must've missed it like a doofus~

Not sure why you are ripping me here. The parts I bought above were $250 total which is definitely better than having to spend the time, money, and sweat looking for a new motor and repowering.

But to your point, I DID find the page withe the Engine Identification Report.

SO, the engine has 128:09:15 hours on it. I guess that is reflective of the current EMM since I replaced it and the one on it is not original to the engine?

Current Engine Faults: No active faults found

Occurred Engine Faults:
Code 26 | 4 Times| Last 123:00| 12 Volt Circuit BELOW Range
Code 35| 11 Times| Last 128:00| Oil Pressure Switch (1997-200 Models)

Last edited:

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I am not ripping on you. With the price of your EMM and the parts you just bought you exceeded the value of the motor. That is just a fact. Don't be mad because your motor went obsolete in less than 5 yrs of being manufactured. Your mechanic should be able to tell you which pump. Why don't you ask him instead of just buying parts.

Shorebreak91

Cadet
Yea, that's true value wise...though I bought the EMM months ago...but at that point, what was I going to do? Repower or buy an EMM? A decent used engine is at least $1,500 where I am for 70HP. An EMM for $200+repair job of $400 seemed a better short-term approach for the wallet. I'm not mad, I just don't understand the tone of responses sometimes to people that are looking for help.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Yea, that's true value wise...though I bought the EMM months ago...but at that point, what was I going to do? Repower or buy an EMM? A decent used engine is at least $1,500 where I am for 70HP. An EMM for $200+repair job of $400 seemed a better short-term approach for the wallet. I'm not mad, I just don't understand the tone of responses sometimes to people that are looking for help
Like I said good luck with your motor.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Yea, that's true value wise...though I bought the EMM months ago...but at that point, what was I going to do? Repower or buy an EMM? A decent used engine is at least $1,500 where I am for 70HP. An EMM for $200+repair job of $400 seemed a better short-term approach for the wallet. I'm not mad, I just don't understand the tone of responses sometimes to people that are looking for help.
Hey, sometimes with emails, texts and forums, the tone seems worse than it really is. Everyone here in my opinion is trying to help. Your original question is really not a question anyone can answer because all of those things can fail. Some times it's just better to take it to a pro. I do hope you solve it and try not to get too frustrated.

Shorebreak91

Cadet
Hey, sometimes with emails, texts and forums, the tone seems worse than it really is. Everyone here in my opinion is trying to help. Your original question is really not a question anyone can answer because all of those things can fail. Some times it's just better to take it to a pro. I do hope you solve it and try not to get too frustrated.
Appreciate it.

I did find the codes on the page:

SO, the engine has 128:09:15 hours on it. I guess that is reflective of the current EMM since I replaced it and the one on it is not original to the engine?

Current Engine Faults: No active faults found

Occurred Engine Faults:
Code 26 | 4 Times| Last 123:00| 12 Volt Circuit BELOW Range
Code 35| 11 Times| Last 128:00| Oil Pressure Switch (1997-200 Models)

So it looks like starting with the pressure sensor is the way to go.

Shorebreak91

Cadet
Well, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but....
replaced the pressure switch/sensor on the oil lift pump ($45) and had someone squeeze the oil bulb while I screwed it in to eliminate any air. Turned on the engine 3x for a few minutes each, no "No Oil" light. It was previously coming on even when on muffs. I guess I could switch the old one back on to make sure it's the switch by seeing if the light comes on again?