no compression = no power

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: no compression = no power

I sure hope you realize the same thing that happened to the surface of the head can happen to the block. New head and new gasket will not cure a defective gasket surface on the block.

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not following you Don S. Are you saying the surface on the head where it bolts down to the block can be bad? Like cracked at some point? Or are you saying the surface of the block?<br /><br />The surface that I was talking about is where the manifold bolted to the head. The # 3 port on the head was chewed away down to around a 1/16". The rest were normal on the other 5 cylinder head exhaust ports.

Don S

Any corrosion/errosion around the cylinders, water ports, and oil ports that happens in the head can and does happen on the block surface also.<br />If water goes past the port in the head gasket and leaks into the cyliner and the head shows a defect at that point, then the block probably shows the same problem.<br />Use a GOOD straight edge (Not your Home Depot $2.99 tri square to check the flatness of the block. The service manual shows how to check it.

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tell you what, the engine builder that gets the heads Tuesday will have to take a look at the block also. I saw in the manual as to how to do it and I have the edge to do it with.<br /><br />But, I will trailer that boat down there next week and have them look at the block too, it can't hurt. <br /><br />THANKS AGAIN!

tashasdaddy

dan, have you order manifold yet. i've got a new pair available if they will work for you GLM 58221 manifold/riser kit 3'elbows plus 3' 90. if they will work for you we can come to an arrangement. my block is froze up. need funds.

shelikesit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I need 4 inch risers and was looking at ceramic coated ones from these guys<br /><br /> http://www.perfprotech.com/store2/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1439 <br /><br />i like the sound of some kind of coating for use down here. do you have an ebay account? maybe we can do something on the manifold and you can stick the risers on ebay. or put the whole thing on ebay, or keep them, a block is much much cheaper than a whole motor. a v-6 motor here goes around $139.00 at you-pull-it up the road from the Daytona Speedway.<br /><br />how much research on glm did you do, they seem fairly low on their prices.......