Nissan 25hp NS25C3 warning buzzer not operational

csmoczygemba

Cadet
Can someone share the details with me on how the warning buzzer is supposed to work? I would expect a short alert when the motor is switched on but I get nothing. Can you confirm that the 98 model has an actual buzzer?

dwco5051

Commander
My 1987 has no warning buzzer, I believe yours would not either.

csmoczygemba

Cadet
My 1987 has no warning buzzer, I believe yours would not either.
it appears that some have it, some don't. going to open up my remote box to look. I tend to run with the motor jacked up high and that warning buzzer saves me when the engine gets warm.

csmoczygemba

Cadet
looks like an ez retrofit.....yellow and red wire hookup. my motor does appear to have a temp sensor on it as a sending unit is actually there. Assume that wire goes somewhere.

dwco5051

Commander
it appears that some have it, some don't. going to open up my remote box to look. I tend to run with the motor jacked up high and that warning buzzer saves me when the engine gets warm.
My old eyes read 1990 model, not 98. I am sure that one of the Nissan/Tohatsu wizards on this forum will have the right answer. I wonder if I could add a sensor to my old 1987 model.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If it's an M25-C2 motor or previous versions doesn't have a temp sensor located nowhere on the powerhead. TS are usually found on way larger 2 stroke motors. Out of curiosity why do you run said motor jacked high, any advantage runing so ?

Happy Boating

csmoczygemba

Cadet
If it's an M25-C2 motor or previous versions doesn't have a temp sensor located nowhere on the powerhead. TS are usually found on way larger 2 stroke motors. Out of curiosity why do you run said motor jacked high, any advantage runing so ?

Happy Boating
I will run the motor high when I am in running in less than a foot of water. At times, a motor can loose cooling efficiency when it is up to high and is not getting a full stream. So far though, this little Nissan has been a tank and has not been a problem but I would hate to blow it up without a temp indicators. Take a look at the attached picture. The top red arrow points to the sending unit that is connected to my temp sensor. What is the other one for?

Attachments

• sensors.jpeg
    sensors.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A picture says it all. First time seeing such, it's not even mentioned in the parts nor service manual. This is a standard M25-30C3 motor as factory delivered.

25-30 HP Left.JPG

If comes in contact with the lower cylinder head could be a temp sensor installed by someone as an addition to trigger an alarm. This motor can overheat real fast if running continually in low water level at speed in a very short period of time. When the alarm triggers the motor will be already overheated as doesn't count with a heat sensor that will slow the rpm down as a protection.

Happy Boating

csmoczygemba

Cadet
yeah that is weird. I have a temp sensor mounted and it is attached to the upper sensor, not sure where the lower sensor goes. I am going to tear into the remote box next to see if there is actually a buzzer in there and if I get continuity from that sensor in the rear, to that buzzer somehow. it would be great if this was already setup.