Nissan 18HP 2001 choke is inop

wprince169

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
6
This 18 was converted from tiller to a remote start. When I press the key in for choke it activates a wire (Ithink it's a blue wire), but the wire is not connected to anything on the motor. I can see 2 wires coming from the choke and they appear to go into the ECU. I assume that the ECU controls the choke.
Any ideas on what can be done to get it started?
Thanks, Will
 

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
6,164
Re: Nissan 18HP 2001 choke is inop

The auto-by-pass(auto choke) on the engine has two wires that connect to the CD. The factory wiring harness has a blue wire that connects to the blue wire on the engine and that same blue wire connects up to the factory ignition switch. So...Either you are using a non factory wiring harness or switch and or your blue wire on the engine is just sitting there curled up behind something.
 

wprince169

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
6
Re: Nissan 18HP 2001 choke is inop

Thanks, I'll search for the blue wire curled up.
 
Top