Nissan 102 inflatable...help needed re: oarlocks

bdherrington

Recruit
Hi...last winter i acquired a Nissan 102 inflatable....it did not come with oars or oarlock pins...and I have not been able to figure out which type fit, despite trying several models of oarlocks/pins. My searching (and contacting various inflatable suppliers on the web) for any information on this brand/model of inflatable has turned up zilch.

any help/guidance would be most appreciated!

thanks,
--Brian (Michigan)

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nissan 102 inflatable...help needed re: oarlocks

Never heard of that brand, you can place any oarlocks and oars as long you have plenty space on upper tube, will need to glue with 2 parts pvc glue. if being pvc tube's material. Specify pvc oarlocks as there are oarlocks for hypalon too which cannot be glued on top pvc tubes. Check Iboats, West Marine, Defender for them.

Happy Boating

Syzygy

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Brian,

You will not find the oarlocks for a Nissan inflatable. Nissan boats were made by Toyo Tire & Rubber Company. Last imported by Defender into the US (circa 1993). Nobody used that style of oarlock (other than Dynous inflatables which were also made by Toyo at the same time). Your best bet is to remove the oarlock pad and install a more common oarlock pad (suggest Mercury, Achilles or you could go with Avon's which will accept any standard wooden oar....cost $85.00/pair at Defender).

Contact Defender's inflatable boat department if you have questions. They will be able to help.

Good luck.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

It's the same thing as a Dynous and uses the Achilles type of oar and oarlock...The same system type as used by virtually every brand of Asian inflatable.