Nice Turn

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nice Turn

Weeeee, all hands please hold on!!!!

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I remember watching the building of a aircraft carrier on discover once, and they showed them taking it out and putting it through the ringer. One of there test was full throttle and full rudder. Every one on deck was leaning about 30 degrees to stop from falling off, I thought it was neat.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

its not turning.. its called a "power-slide".<br /><br />get'er goin' at WOT and as soon as you feel the need, at the same time now, dump the throttle into neutral and crank the wheel to hard lock left..<br /><br />Did it in the MasterCraft all the time :D :p :D

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I can't imagine being on a tube behind that monstrosity!

NYMINUTE

Captain

653.gif
. WhoooooooooHooooooooo

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Only problem here was that I couldn't get her to stop listing so heavily when I heeled her over to port. ;)

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't even want to think about what kind of stress that is putting on any of the superstructure let alone the steering and poor fisherman that are gonna be on the recieving end of those monstrous waves...

Twidget

Commander

I was on the commissioning crew of a guided missile frigate. Quite a bit smaller than the carrier...carrier = 100k tons, FFG = 3800 tons.<br /><br />One of the sea trial tests we did, was full ahead, 45 knots, then slam it into reverse. Perry class frigates have gas turbine engines, so it was a very fast stop.

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

With quite a bit more success than some of the drivers around here of late...