Nice Parking Dumb*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Nice Parking Dumb*****

I will go along with the drifting back idea. I towed my bass boat many years ago with a "64 Chev 3/4 ton with a four speed and an 11" slide in camper. Even in reverse with the parking brake on it would creep if the incline was steep enough. Remember that those old drum brakes were not self energizing going backwards. Always chocked it if I had to park any where with the front end higher than the rear.

I live on a major street in town here, very busy. I bought a 2000 mustang in 02 and brought it home from the dealer. I backed it in the driveway up to the garage door, left it in reverse, set the ebrake and shut it down. Got out and admired the black beast setting there in the drive. SAWEEET I decided to take a couple pictures of it so I ran in the house to get the camera and when I came out :eek: There was my pride and joy sitting in the road with the rear tires in the gutter. Cars swerving, honking I gained a few grey hairs that day. I`ll never trust a ebrake again, Harbor freight sells a pair of plastic wheel chocks cheap and I carry one in the rear floorboard and use it.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I just zoomed it and it's hard to tell for sure but I don't see a rear drive shaft. If there is one he's new to 4x4's and doesn't know that when you lift em you have to tilt the rear end up to maintain drive shaft alignment

I beleive that depends on the use of U joints or a CV joint on one end. With a single U joint at each end of the driveshaft, the rear end needs to be aligned vertically w the trans/TF cases tilt, not tilted up. but I'm no expert. With those large tires it may have rolled over a single small, square chock so maybe somebody put more under the tires to stop it from rolling further. I tried to say w single ujoints the pinion angle and the output angle need to be parallel or very close to parallel, and the pinion not pointed/tilted for the lift, at the output/drive for the driveshaft ____
___/

Last edited:

Ripfence

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't imagine even the lest considerate (and we have a LOT of those around here) boater would choose to park that badly. Still someone should have called to get the truck towed, there is no reason his broken equipment should mess up everyone else's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.