Nice new forum

foreman33

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Nice new forum

BrianS, I'm I'm not a diver but I bought a wet suit and i was wondering if there is a trick to put it on? The suit says large size and I shouldn't shouldn't have a problem putting it on, but it seems very to do. Is there something that I could do to make it easier to get the wet suit on? It is really difficult to do. Do you have any suggestions on an easy to put this wet suit on. I know they should be snug but this is really snug. The wet suit has sat in my basement for sometime now, I normally wear medium to large anything that I own and I never have a problem putting anything on. Should I do something to this suit to make it easier to put on?

Mike

battery

Seaman

try using baby power. it will slip on alot easier. you can either put the baby power in the suit or on yourself.

battery

Seaman

I meant baby powder, forgive the spelling. I'm also a diver and it seems to work well in newloundland.

BrianS.

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can use a lycra suit underneath.

Some people also use a 50/50 mix of hair conditioner and water to spray on their body and also 50/50 mix of baby shampoo and water. This seems to help the suit glide on.

foreman33

Seaman Apprentice

If you were to use a wet suit in a swimming pool that has chlorine in it, is there any special procedure that needs to be done to the wet suit after you had it in the swimming pool? Does it need to be rinsed with fresh water or will the chlorine have no effect on the wet suit? Does anything have to be done to it at all?

BrianS.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rinse it with clean water and let it hang dry. I soak mine in a clean water container for about an hour before I let it dry.

Speedwagon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chlorine will cause the suit to turn brownish after awhile, if not properly cared for. Best thing you can do is to rinse the suit after each use, with fresh water. Air dry, preferably not in direct sunlight.

And neoprene is great when it's on, but they didn't make it easy to get on/off! I can get in my suit ok, but getting out is a real chore!

BrianS.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Pull it inside out to take off, should be easy once you get one sleeve off.

Olds Eddie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Invest in a Henderson Hyperstretch. I have had wetsuits for years and have never had one as easy to put on and take off. It will even still fit the day after Thanksgiving when asked to stretch a little more.

jesters420

Seaman Apprentice

Topic for this should be wet suit problems. Diver, Boater NW Oregon.

Bill Adkins

Seaman

I live in So Cal and have worn wetsuits for yrs. What type of suit, does it have a plush or a skin inner surface. The coment about turning it inside out is correct. Watch your lady put her panty hose on, you will learn a lot from it. If the suit fits it should be pretty easy to put on, if its dry. If its been in the water it will be a chore by comparison. As for cleaning, soak it in a large trash can, rinse it and hang it to dry in the garage. Mine last for yrs that way. Use a cheap rental sale suit for the pool, not your good stay warm suit.
Bill

Norcal commercial diver. Anyone out there? I don't get to do much rec diving. Kinda new to norcal. Anyone know of any good diving spots?