Niagra Transom fix, update and question

I'm working on digging out the rotted wood in my 63 Niagra, with all your help I'm making progress. I'm down to the bottom left and right of the center pipe (is it a thru hull?) Got one corner clean and only have a little bit in the other. I ran into more solid wood right above and around the center pipe.

While knocking away the wood I crushed the little pipe in the center. Is it a big deal or should I just dig out the metal and tape over it when I pour the Seacast and drill it out after or do I need to put a new metal pipe in?? I swear, I've been really careful! I think that is where the original problem started because the pipe is missing the little lip that overlaps the outside of fiberglass.

I've seen on another post regarding transom repair that before pouring the Seacast wooden corners were cut to fit under the edges, is that the best way to go? Was wondering if you could add more fiber to the Seacast and mould it? I'm handy with a saw so if the marine plywood is the best route I can do it.

All in all it's moving along pretty good, the wood was so soft. I did have the crazy idea of pressure washing that wood out and drilling a drain hole, then patching it after I poured the Seacast. I refrained from the temptation though.

I appreciate the help and advice, will post pics of my progress.
Linda