News from Down Under

aspeck

Staff member
Just got an email from Peterf. He said many of our members from Down Under are experiencing the gremlins again and cannot get logged onto iBoats.<br /><br />Peterf wanted you all to know the Down Under crowd did not go away mad, they just cannot get logged on. Hopefully all will be cleared up soon and they will be back.

Re: News from Down Under

Oops, forgot the text again. Well, as they say, "No news is good news" (anonymous) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Computers do the darnest things, they will drive you nuts with all their stupid qwerks.<br /><br />Probably some setting on some server somewhere.<br /><br />Ken

Dunaruna

Admiral

For reasons that escape me, I can't log onto iboats from my work computer anymore (every other site is fine) but am having no such problems with my home computer - same phone line company, same ISP, same operating system. <br /><br />Aldo

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Lets hope thier back on line in time for the Ashes, I feel a whole lot of sledging coming on :D :D :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I have only been able to get back on this evening. <br />Been unable to log on since around the 20th. Happens frequently. <br />I have no problem with any other sight.<br />Few times back went to my provider, Optus, and they reported they couldn't log on either.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Aspec forwarded a cc'd copy from one of the mods.<br />Iboats has been under attack from some asian hacker(s). That is why we who live downunder were blocked. It was to stop all traffic from our region.<br />I just hope the problem has gone away now.<br /><br />Pete

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow - iboats is back! ...and I thought it was gone for ever...This is the first time I've been able to connect for ages :rolleyes:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It almost sounds as if a router went out somewhere between us. Welcome back!<br /><br />Bob

KaGee

Admiral

Glad you guys are back. I appreceiate hearing your perspective from down under.<br /><br />My ultimate vacation would be to visit that part of the world someday.

Bob Kimber

Petty Officer 3rd Class

back on tonight, first time since 22nd, didn't lose access to any any other sites just iboats.<br /><br />been missing my daily visit<br /><br />bob

Asian Hackers? Does that include people form India? It was probably those John Birchers with surnames like Jackson, Williams or Washington. ;)

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

KaGee,<br />You would be welcome I'm sure if you make it this way.<br /><br />Peter

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yip siree KaGee, we'd give you a good old Kiwi welcome mate.<br />Ross

U_U

Cadet

Things do happen.<br /><br />Even though it does not relate to the current threat & block, I'd like to mention that my access was lost somehow in iBoats databases.<br /><br />My original registration completely disappeared, email and login name became unknown. I know for sure what email I used for registration (as it received plenty of iBoat mails), but it is no longer recognized.<br /><br />Turning to iBoats (even through an admin trustee) didn't even make them take contact.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey U, long time no hear!! How's the sunshine state treating you?<br /><br />Aldo

U_U

Cadet

Thanks, Aldo!<br /><br />Well, when I re-registered I'd been outta iBoats for a while and sorta lost the habbit of contributing. Been reading every now and then anyhow. I'm in mail contact with SBN regularly which I appreciate very much.<br /><br />Apart from that I'm OK. <br /><br />Got a (to me) new boat as my Sea Ray 160 <br /><br />has been replaced by a Salpa 20.5 <br /><br />I was happy with the Sea Ray for 14 yrs but I had to get a cuddy (again) to stay in when days get long and driving home with a trailer is not exactly what you wanna do.

No credit for previous service, eh? Considering the rise in population since coming on board, I was wondering how many members have more than one identity and how many actually participate. There is strength in numbers. ;) From the Golden State, where we eat our oranges we don't drink them, ;) Mickey Mouse was born, and, Movies are acturally made. :wink: :wink: