Newly aquired '88 225 Excel

valencehsift

Seaman
I posted the question some time ago. Just want to see any other feedback. My motor will be arriving in a week or so. Just the motor. No prop or wiring no key and no throttle control. I know what prop I am getting 15 and 1/4x 19. I ordered the throttle control. It is original yamaha equipment and brand new. It doesn't come with cables. Now as far as a key and any wiring, do I just go to any Yamaha dealer and get the parts. Does anyone know what I will need and any advice on putting it together. Yes, I will order the manual. Any pointers would really help.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Newly aquired '88 225 Excel

If you ordered the 703 control box, the wiring is included. If not, you will need to purchase a wiring harness and key switch. Other harnesses will needed for guages and oil tank. A manual is a must. these items are available through your Yamaha dealer. After pricing email me at neudecray@hotmail.com and I will see what I may have used.

valencehsift

Seaman

Thank you so so much. The throttle control will arrive this week. As soon as I see what it has, I will get in touch with you. Once again, thank you so much!

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

The unit pictured requires a seperate wiring harness and key switch assembly.