Newby boater, just bought a Saturn SD330W and Mercury 15 EFI!

NEADST

Cadet
Newby here. My wife and I have been taking the tandem Hobie out for a few years and enjoy being out on the water. We use it to cruise around the bays, check out hidden beaches and fish. We recently got a dog and that has limited our day long trips significantly since we don't want to leave the pup at home most of the day or feel like paying to board.

Anywho, I just purchased a Saturn SD330W, a set of transom wheel, air pump, and a brand new Mercury 15 EFI. All in, a bit over $4k.

Super pumped about the whole thing. We'll want to get a Bimini top, figure out seating and (most importantly) fishing (rod holder, fish finder, bait tank). We will be breaking it down every time but that's the price you have to pay in order to have a boat on the cheap.

CaptnKingfisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Newby here. My wife and I have been taking the tandem Hobie out for a few years and enjoy being out on the water. We use it to cruise around the bays, check out hidden beaches and fish. We recently got a dog and that has limited our day long trips significantly since we don't want to leave the pup at home most of the day or feel like paying to board.

Anywho, I just purchased a Saturn SD330W, a set of transom wheel, air pump, and a brand new Mercury 15 EFI. All in, a bit over $4k.

Super pumped about the whole thing. We'll want to get a Bimini top, figure out seating and (most importantly) fishing (rod holder, fish finder, bait tank). We will be breaking it down every time but that's the price you have to pay in order to have a boat on the cheap.
Happy for you, how bout some pics?

NEADST

Cadet
Hopefully we'll have everything ready to go by next weekend! My need to get list is:

1. marine VHF
2. Bimini top. Need to measure the width of the boat before ordering
3. fishing pole holders
4. lights
5. anchor

Railblaza seems to be the go-to accessory mount so ill be using that for both lights, fishing, and maybe the bimini mounts.

As far as seating, this thing is plenty wide enough for basic beach chairs. How important is it to mount these? This question is more for cruising the back bays than out in open water.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please don't start duplicate topics about the same subject

Merged