newbie with simple questions

dconn042

Recruit
I have a few simple questions. I just got a 89 maxum with 85 hp force outboard. My questions are. Where is the gas tank supposed to be located. Mine is sitting in the floor. How do I go about mixing the oil and gas since it is two stroke. Do I mix it in gas tank or what is the procedure for this. Never been in the water with this boat or know of the condition of the boat. Is there any checks to do before taking it off the trailer. Motor runs and doesnt seem to have holes in it anywhere by looking at it on the trailer. I was thinking just to back it in and let it sit in the water and check like that before unstraping it from trailer. Im new to boating and stumbled up on this boat and really excited about possibly getting it on the water. Just want to be as safe as possible so any help is greatly appreciated.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
Re: newbie with simple questions

:welcome: to the forum, some gas tanks are in the floor, I would mix the gas in a gas can before adding it to the tank unless I was sure it would fit the amount of gas I added oil for. I would inspect the transom before putting it in the water, look for soft spots in the floor, take a boating safety course