Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

a2dubnut

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
37
Hi Everyone!
Been lurking around he site for about a year now, doing my research, learning as much as possible by reading, and though I still haven't found my first boat (likely going to be a late 80s early 90's 17-20' BR or Cuddy), I wanted to just introduce myself....
On that - I'm Jim, from eastern PA, will likely be out on Lake Beltzville and Wallenpaupack once I do get started, and will probably be on these boards with some urgency asking 'how do I fix... (name your common broken part here)'
Looks to be a good community and I'm looking forward to talking to you guys (and ladies)!
 

NYBo

Admiral
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
7,107
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

You've come to the right place. Our advice is worth at least twice as much as you pay for it!
 

NHGuy

Captain
Joined
May 21, 2009
Messages
3,631
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

Hi, and welcome. Wishing you fair skies and smooth waters. And when that doesn't happen, a good sense of humor and an ability to deal with things as they come.
 

a2dubnut

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
37
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

A sense of humor I've got. Especially when I do something not so smart to break it myself - and then have to laugh at myself as I'm figuring out how to figure out how to un-break it.
 

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
5,431
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

Yeah we usually don't beat up new guys until we know what Hockey team you like.....
 

southkogs

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
15,125
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

A sense of humor I've got. Especially when I do something not so smart to break it myself - and then have to laugh at myself as I'm figuring out how to figure out how to un-break it.
In that case, we wish you a hefty pocket book! As we all know a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour all your hard earned cash.

Welcome aboard Jim.
 

Jeep Man

Commander
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
2,803
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

The wolves are circling the prey. If you survive your first thread your good to stay aboard. Welcome Jim.
 

a2dubnut

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
37
Re: Newbie to iboats - and boating - be gentle!

@ LippCJ7.... depends on what type of hockey - if collegiate I have to go with my alma mater (UVM a.k.a - Vermont)... NHL it's gotta be the devils - I've been blessed with a good hometown team :D

@JeepMan - thanks for the welcome - I've been a member of vwvortex (a volkswagen enthusiast forum) for over 10 years now - I know to be worried if I'm not taking a good ribbing! :)
 
Top