Newbie Question

Hello all,
I am a very novice boater. I acquired an 86 Starcraft pushed by a 3.0 omc cobra from my fianc?s uncle. For the most part it's in decent shape, the engine runs incredibly! So here's my question:
Perhaps it's a stupid one, but is there anything I can do to enhance the exhaust sound?
I probably should just shut up and enjoy the quiet ride... And I realize it's only a 4-cylinder. I just can't help but be jealous when someone lopes past me with a throaty exhaust.

Thanks for any insight!!

Re: Newbie Question

Hi. I think you already know the answer ;) whatever you do it will just sound like a noisy 4 banger:(
Gain some experience in boating with that boat, save some money, and then buy a V8 powered boat with thru-hull exhaust - you'll have the sound you want, and everyone who lives on the lake will hate you !!

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Newbie Question

Loud V-8 boat sound cool for a few seconds when they go by. I wouldn't want to have to listen to that all day long when I'm out cruising around and trying to talk to friends or listen to tunes. Do you really want your boat that loud all the time?
You could put a thru-hull exhaust on your boat but that's a lot of time, trouble, and expense for a small 4 cylinder boat. I'd save the money.