irv64
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- Feb 5, 2006
- Messages
- 24
Relatively new to the forum and very new to prop questions/issues.
I have an 06 Lowe 165FS with an 07 Merc. 90hp 4 stroke. I am pretty happy with everything so far but I would like a little more oomph out of the hole especially when tubing/skiing and I would like a prop that won't cavitate so much when turning? I have to trim down quite a bit while turning.(could it also be the design of the hull?) I currently have a 19 pitch 3 fin aluminum on there which gets me 47 on the speedo(probably not too accurate?) at 5500 to 5800 rpm.
I was told to use an 18 pitch 3 fin stainless and it would be a night and day difference? It would get me out of the hole better and it wouldn't cavitate near as much on the corners? This is what my dealer says anyways. I was told they are about $750.00 bucks up here in Canada? I also asked him about going to a 4 fin prop and would that be better? He said it would get me out of the hole better but would be no good in rough water when the prop comes out, said it would be very hard on the engine? Just looking for some other people's input as I know very little about props as you can tell. Thanks in advance...........Irv64
I have an 06 Lowe 165FS with an 07 Merc. 90hp 4 stroke. I am pretty happy with everything so far but I would like a little more oomph out of the hole especially when tubing/skiing and I would like a prop that won't cavitate so much when turning? I have to trim down quite a bit while turning.(could it also be the design of the hull?) I currently have a 19 pitch 3 fin aluminum on there which gets me 47 on the speedo(probably not too accurate?) at 5500 to 5800 rpm.
I was told to use an 18 pitch 3 fin stainless and it would be a night and day difference? It would get me out of the hole better and it wouldn't cavitate near as much on the corners? This is what my dealer says anyways. I was told they are about $750.00 bucks up here in Canada? I also asked him about going to a 4 fin prop and would that be better? He said it would get me out of the hole better but would be no good in rough water when the prop comes out, said it would be very hard on the engine? Just looking for some other people's input as I know very little about props as you can tell. Thanks in advance...........Irv64