Newbie looking for advice

racerone

Supreme Mariner
No idea where the interested party is planning on boating.-----I am just stating that bowriders may not be suitable in certain conditions.----When there are too many folks up front.-----I would never want one.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
No idea where the interested party is planning on boating.-----I am just stating that bowriders may not be suitable in certain conditions.----When there are too many folks up front.-----I would never want one.
Read OPs first post

Kardar2

Cadet
Hi All- I am looking to purchase my first boat and have narrowed it down to a few and am looking for some advice. It is my wife and I and our three kids, ages 6, 4 and 1. We will use it on lakes and mostly for cruising, tubing and possibly skiing. I am not mechanically inclined so I am not looking for a project. We will sometimes have friends with us, but no more than 4 adults total and 5 or 6 kids total (with some of the kids being under 3 years old). I know this might be a little tight on space which is the reason I am considering the 24’ Four Winns. Below are the three boats I am considering. Any feedback on them or on the prices is greatly appreciated!!

2007 Chaparral 210 SSI with 350 hours on a Volvo penta 270hp. Price 23k

2005 Monterey 214FS with 200 hours on a 5.0 Mercruiser 220 hp, Price 19k

2003 Four Winns Horizon with 450 hours on a 5.7 Volvo penta V8. Price 20k

The Monterey looks like it’s in great condition and possibly has a little more space than the Chaparral but I can’t find a ton of info online about the 214fs and the NADA value is about 6k lower on the Monterey than the chaparral. Is Chaparral really that much of a better boat than the Monterey or am I missing something?

any info or feedback is appreciated!

thank you!
Something tells me you will be learning how to be mechanically inclined LOL when you start seeing what shops charge, YouTube will look really appealing to you. Or calling your buddy LOL. with a forum like this and YouTube you will getRDone. Good luck. Just remember anytime you have a boat or a RV in will a expensive hobby Cause there is always something that needs attention.