Newbie here!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Newbie here!

Well I don't know about the V6's, but I know that despite looking like you do.....you don't have to take the carbs off on a V4.

theviking64

Seaman

Tomorrow is the big day! Gonna install the newly boiled fuel tank, install the water pump kit, try firing her up, and hopefully take her to the lake for try out. Wish me luck!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

It has the same prop (as far as size and pitch) as it had when it was new. Not sure what it is, i forgot to look. But what if I want more top end. I won't be towing skiers or anything, I just want top speed. The prop that is on it now works great, except when you dump the throttle, the whole boat rares up out of the water to the point I cant see until it planes. Any ideas?
I think I have a 19-14-1/4 and a 21-141/4 both work real well. My 22 holiday never rises on the bow just goes faster with more throttle The 19-14-1/4 is a bit faster and thats at about 4200 RPM will run at 50 mph but never , Unless necessary. I run not much over 25-30 at about 3500 rpm.

theviking64

Seaman

OMG! The impeller was easy. But! The shift rod was a $@%*% nightmare! Whoever came up with that design needs to be taken out and beaten severely! Bit its done
.3 Fricken hours later!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

The best tool to do a shift rod connection is a pair of long FORCEPS You can do the shaft turn if is wrong and line up the upper gromet.

theviking64

Seaman

The new water pump kit works awesome. The next issue was the starter wouldn't engage. Figured it was the solenoid. So I jumped the solenoid and it worked. Went to Autozone and bought a new solenoid, in case you didn't know, it's the same solenoid a 1979 Ford Bronco uses. It's a Ford part, no wonder it broke, but thats another story. Got it installed yesterday and everything works. Having a bit of trouble starting the motor, have to crank on it for awhile, but once it starts, it runs and idles. Idle is a little bit rough, but no too bad. Gonna put new plugs in it and see what happens.
285072_1864710656848_1213451423_31673561_6759706_n.jpg

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

I might not be spot on but that looks like a TON of water coming out the exhaust. Water comes out and is supposed to but I dont remember mine running it out like that. I have to change lower unit lube and test run mine tonight (1980 85HP) Ill take a look at what mine does and report back...

Chuck

theviking64

Seaman

It is a brand new impeller. I would think the more water moves, the better. :confused: