FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just purchased a 2014 Impact Sport 1775, waiting for delivery.
I want to get an extra seat, but I want one that will absorb the waves instead of the standard stiff post seats.
Any suggestions on what to get?
Thanks in advance.
You could either pick up some Smooth Moves seat bases or buy an pneumatic pedestal. Springfield and Swivel-Eze both make aftermarket pneumatic pedestals. Lund calls their pneumatic pedestals Air-Ride. You can get them from the factory at an additional cost when you ordered the boat.
I picked up 2 Springfield air ride pedestals and used them for Butt seats. They are the same as the original Lund pedestals on my 2006 Explorer and fit in the keyed round bases. Although the ones I used were "taller", you can order different height pedestals with different features as needed.