New water pump/gearbox affecting performance

D

DJ

Re: New water pump/gearbox affecting performance

On your poor performance issue-I believe you figured out your problem. You mentioned you had a LARGE fin on the old gearcase. Someone put that on there because the boat struggled to get on plane. Put it on the new gearcase.<br />As far as stalling on acceleration. Did it do this before? If not, did the engine sit for a while? I would do two things.<br />1. look for a vacuum leak-check ALL the little hoses around the carbs. These hoses are vacuum hoses. It could also be the source of your whistle or whine.<br />2. Clean combustion chambers by using OMC decarbonizer.

Neil

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I fitted the new gearbox, nothing was stressed. Everything mated up nicely without any effort. Hopefully this suggests the sizes are the same.<br /><br />Since refitting, the wine has more or less gone. I am convinced the whine was due to new rubbers or the o ring. I tried fishing out old ring but I couldn't see it. I am not 100% if I removed it or not. I will have to search my work area to see if I can find it.<br /><br />In the next few days I will fit the fin and see if this gets it onto the plane quicker.<br /><br />I will also give it a good looking over for loose hoses. I have noticed a bit of an uneven tickover so maybe I have a small leak somewhere. De carboniser is also worth a try too.<br /><br />If the idle needs adjusting, is this a simple task. I think it does need a little increase.<br /><br />Thanks so far gents.

Rex

Chief Petty Officer

IS THE RATIO THE SAME FOR THE TEO LOWER UNIT.<br />IF NOT YOU MAY BE OVERPROP. JUST THINKING<br />OUT LOUD.<br />REX A.