New Toys = Good News Correct?

Link

Rear Admiral
Hey I was just introduced to a really simple low tech way of enjoying the water.<br />Prep time 0 Ski vest and paddle stay in boat<br />Loading boat 30 seconds<br />
3308BOAT_014-thumb.jpg
<br /><br />Unloading and packing to water 30 seconds<br /><br />
3308BOAT_026-thumb.jpg
<br /><br />On the water!<br />
3308BOAT_025-thumb.jpg
<br /><br />I thought my mother in law was crazy for wanting to buy this "kayak" thingie. And only went along to humor her. We now have two of them :) <br />Talk about in expensive total fun on the water. Great for fishing small lakes etc. And no hassel at all. Wife and I can go out and spend several hours floating around the lakes.<br />Her having a great time and me fishing :) <br />At $299 this is low cost boating on the go.<br />Yea "Real" Kayakers would laugh at them but for our purposes they are great for what we want.<br />Once again my mum in law is having the last laugh :D Buts thats ok because she is a sweet heart. <br />Now its rack research time for the van. I could see us owning a fleet of these.<br />Cant wait to catch my first Bass in one of them

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Toys = Good News Correct?

Yea link, but SBN don't do Kayak very good.<br />Hard to keep the 300# centered just right. :D <br /><br />I have seen them on trailers behind cars though.<br />Might be 6 or 8 of them stacked up.<br />You might have to invest in you one of them. :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I'm kind of large also, so my canoeing or kayaking days are behind me, at least until I get rid of this behind. <br /><br />But I werk in a township in Bonita Springs. This may get wordy, but please bear with me. There is a park in the township that is dedicated to canoes and kayaks. It has about 12 racks with small paddle storage lockers, that hold 10 watercraft each ,sort of like the dry slips for bigger vessels, and the obligatory canoe launch into a tributary of Bonita Bay. These tributaries and the Imperial River are pristine, considering the large amount of development bordering them.This development also has a full-service marina with dry-storage and wet slips. The residents here can afford whatever rolls thier socks up, from a Contender31 with twin Yammie225HP's and full Faruno 'lectronics, to row boats. Some decide to have both. The canoe racks are full, and there is a waiting list --at least until more racks can be built. The township is basically sorounded by water, but only one side has a narrow channel for motor vessels to reach the bay from.The bay is mostly less than two feet deep.....The rest is channels for navigation to the Gulf of Mexico. So, you have a choice. Stick to the channel, or be in a kayak or cannoe. I should also note the the back bay has some very interesting historic sites (shell mound islands from the Callusa Indians)...But you aint gettin that Contender closer than a mile to those islands!<br />This time of year, however, is not the best time to be out there. The heat.mosquitoes, and sudden fierce T-storms will turn most folks religious real quickly!<br />But if you ever get the chance to strap them puppies to a roof rack and head south for the winter, look me up. I'll hook you up with launch points that will take your breath away, and then you'll go to church on Sunday to praise the creator of such a magnificant area. I'd really have loved to rowed some of the creeks and rivers up there also. I've only been over the bridges and wished. Now I'm too old and fat .

Link

Rear Admiral

Spinner <br />
Yea link, but SBN don't do Kayak very good.<br />Hard to keep the 300# centered just right
12Footer <br />
I'm kind of large also, so my canoeing or kayaking days are behind me, at least until I get rid of this behind.
LOL with you guys not @ ya! It comes from a conversation last Saturday night (26th) with my best friend (guy wise) and fishing partner. (wife is best friend) We are both 5' 7 1/2 inches.. yes for us short farts we count the 1/2 inch :) <br /><br />Anyway when we were in the Army together he came in at 180 pounds and me 155-160 lbs. We both exercised and ran 5-20 miles per day. And played racket ball 3 to 5 times a week. <br /><br />Now 19 years later... he comes in at 220 lbs and me at 140 lbs. NOT good in either case!<br />He should be 6' 4" and I should be 5' 2" but alas we are still 5' 7 1/2" :eek: <br /><br />Hey this is the Good news section of this forum correct?<br /><br />Well we decieded in a drunken stuper (Guys nite out) for him to be down to 190lbs and for me to be up to a min 160 lbs by December 2004.<br /><br />This can only be done in one way. Both of us eating right and a lot of exercise Both of us are dreding both.<br />I called him yesterday to confirm we weren't just drunk (3 drinks) and bragging.. nope he wants to stick to it as I do... DARN! :D <br />We are calling it a MAJOR Life style change.<br /><br /><br /> 12Footer <br />Might be headed your way and would love to see that country. This would be 2005, as we have several friends in your state. REALLY want to ride or drive a AirBoat/Swamp Buggie! Thats got to be so cool! Don't want to do the Gator thing though. Got to have a 2 mtr rig on it! :) <br />Just to call for help while the Gaters got my foot! ;)