new toy!!!!!

renojim

Seaman Apprentice
Re: new toy!!!!!

Hey Scott
Glad to see somebody posting here. It's been a while. I've had my Sleek since 1998 and love it. I've been spending most of my time over on the Aristocraft section and also the Restoration threads. It's really helped me with my latest project.
Tahoe Concours Aug 2011 829.jpg
You really do learn so much here.
Anyway it dawned on me I also own a Sleekcraft. So I came over here to see whats going on. I didn't see that many outboard Sleeks so I thought I'd bring up the numbers. What size engine ya got? How does it perform? Whats your top speed?
sleek 1.jpg

1978 20' Sleekcraft "Aristocrat" Modified Tunnel w Johnson 175hp. Pyramid Lake, Nevada
I'm only the second Owner. In 2007 I put in new carpet, rebuilt the seats, new upholstery and totally tricked out the trailer. The wife and I used it all summer then I melted a couple pistons and that was the end. The poor girl has been sitting all covered up while I've been restoring my Aristocraft. It should be done for summer. After which I will start working on the Sleek. I am building a Johnson 235 to replace the 175. The lake we go to is 4000 ft. elv. so she needs alot of motor to fly!!!!! :eek:

scottwill2

Cadet
Re: new toy!!!!!

The lake we have a private cabin on in Illinois has a 115 limit...naturally everyone is running 150's with 115 stickers. But I decided to play by the rules, so that is a 115. The bottom of the boat is filthy and needs cleaned bad and the motor only has a 17" pitch prop. Me and another guy in the boat and it ran 38 MPH. I figure if I clean the bottom and go to a 19" prop...she'll run maybe 45 MPH. Not to impressive but good enough for me!!!