New toy that goes bang

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
So I finally found a nice pistol to take up the sport again and just received it today. It's a Taurus PT92C that I'd found on a web site and got it for a pretty good price in my opinion. From what I've found on Taurus website the gun was manf. in Jan 1997 yet it looks as if it's never been fired. Or at least not much.
Now to get out and shoot some boolits thru it. Also want to thank everyone that responded to my original posting about looking for a new toy.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
It can't be real, I don't see no pictures, we need pictures!

Oh it's real, just haven't had a chance to take any photos yet. But I will. It's not the Beretta model 84 Cheetah that I wanted but it's still very nice.

We were at a show about a month ago and the wife found a Springfield XD Mod2 4.0 that she really liked because of the size, weight and the way it fit her hand.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
There are some excellent 9MM defensive loads available and the FBI just went back to the 147-grain Speer Gold Dot G2. Have fun!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Good looking little pistol and should get the job done, based on what I have read since you started this thread!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks, at some point I will be reloading again and probably casting lead for it.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Enjoy the new toy.My fav was the 1858 cap and ball revolver in 44 cal.Remington not colt.
311355.jpg

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Cap and ball are fun to shoot. Nice one 82rude.

Congrats on the Taurus bonz. I'll be interested to hear how you like it shootin'.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Cap and ball guns are fun, I have a .50 cal rifle, that sucker will knock your shoulder off if you are not careful!
​50 cal hawken here.Funny,ever since I saw Jeramiah Johnson I always wanted one.

Last edited by a moderator:

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Sounds like a nice toy. we have a few Taurus toys. they are good. they do have good service. we had to send one in for a broken spring. they were easy to deal with and very fast.

I do love shooting ball and cap as well. have a .50 rifle a 44 pistol and recently my dad gave me my grandfathers old .32 single. haven't fired that one yet. in fact it has never been fired. it was given to my grandfather for his birthday in 1976.

sometime this summer I will load her up and give it a shot.

BTW Bonz. I have a Spring XD 4" and a Springfield XDs absolutely love both of them. rock solid and 100% reliable. the XDs hsa a little torque when fired so if you shoot it a lot it will start to annoy your finger. the XD in .40 4" that I have is loved by everyone who shoots it.
If your wife didn't get one I highly recommend it.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
So I have been in contact with Taurus trying to find an original 12 round mag for it and as it turns out They did not import this one and have no record of it. Don't see any other import stamp on it either. So I have no idea where this came from.

Yes the wife has decided she likes and wants a Springfield XD Mod2 in 9mm.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Very nice, bonz. Now it's time to hit the range!

82rude, is that considered a Navy model? My dad has a similar one, but with a longer barrel. Need to put vaseline or whatever they sell in the store in each cylinder so it doesn't start crossfiring. That could be messy....

I have:
1861 2 band musket .58cal
Lyman Great Plains rifle, set triggers .45 cal
T/C White Mtn rifle .50 cal
T/C Patriot pistol .45 cal single shot, set triggers

I forgot:

Mini Canon .45 I believe it has about 10" wheels and a very heavy barrel...
4" bore Mortar. Shoots round balls at a ring target 200yds away. It's cool to be able to watch the round the whole way..... Even won the traveling trophy once....

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Long ago and far away, when I was stationed at Charleston AFB SC. a couple of the guys I worked with daily asked me once if I wanted to go hunting with them. So I inquired more to find they were going hog hunting in the swamp with black powder pistols. I declined!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Army model.Had a colt 186? navy also.Though ive never hunted with black powder weapons bonz I bet it would be fun and theres one shot and one only so you better be good expecially against bar and moose.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I don't like snakes, especially when they can see me before I see them. Grew up around hogs and don't think I want to mess with an angry boar with a black powder pistol.