New to wiring - question about boat controls

Good day folks. I am just trying learn and I’m not putting this to action.

set up:

1.) Yamaha F50
2.) Two batteries ( starter / house )
3.) mini-add-a-battery switch / acr
4.) fused switch panel ( weather deck blue sea on board fuses )
5.) two bilge pumps
6.) lights
7.) Yamaha 703 controls

I was researching the wiring diagrams on new-wire-marine..
I grasp their diagrams, and understand them on a basic level.

however, none of their diagrams include a set of controls ( key start, accessories on, off ).
Where the heck are the controls wired into the circuit?

Any advice or reading recommendations?

cheers

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Generally, on an outboard, engine wiring runs directly from engine to controls. Power and tach signal are provided (usually purple wire and grey wire respectively), to dashboard for gauges only.

The battery cable from the motor is connected to the battery switches, and then to the batteries, as the owner wants them to be configured.

The boat electrical system is connected to the battery or to the battery switches as the owner wants.

Normally, for a boat kept in the water, you want a bilge pump with inline fuse directly connected to the battery.

For all boats, you want to be able to kill everything electrical (except bilge pump, as described) by turning off the battery switches.

I like a master off switch for all accessories, so one cannot leave the stereo on by accident.

Boat harnesses have standardized wire colors to some extent.

Generally, on an outboard, engine wiring runs directly from engine to controls. Power and tach signal are provided (usually purple wire and grey wire respectively), to dashboard for gauges only.

The battery cable from the motor is connected to the battery switches, and then to the batteries, as the owner wants them to be configured.

The boat electrical system is connected to the battery or to the battery switches as the owner wants.

Normally, for a boat kept in the water, you want a bilge pump with inline fuse directly connected to the battery.

For all boats, you want to be able to kill everything electrical (except bilge pump, as described) by turning off the battery switches.

I like a master off switch for all accessories, so one cannot leave the stereo on by accident.

Boat harnesses have standardized wire colors to some extent.