New to the site,have a few questions

Pappy24

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
57
Why are the 70 hp OMC's so popular?
On my 1988 70 hp Evinrude I've decided to run pre-mix (Bypassing VRO), what do I need to do to stop the 20 second low oil buzzer?
Rough value of a 1977 70 hp Johnson,complete,fresh water only,no T/T?

thanks to our brave service folks...Pappy24
 

MAW31

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
217
Re: New to the site,have a few questions

massive distribution channel outsold the competition.
disconnect the buzzer.
cant tell without compression test. no T/T doesnt help.
 

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
435
Re: New to the site,have a few questions

I paid $500.00 for my 70hp Evindrude sitting on the original 15-1/2' Glastron bowrider with the original gator trailer. Frankly I would probably have paid (knowing what good condition this engine was in) the same just for the engine. The 65-70-75 OMC ie, Johnson , Evindrude was in my opinion the best and most economical engine ever manufactured.

Just an opinion of course
PS: boat motor and trailer all 1977 and it dosen't have trim & tilt but hey I can live with it.
 
Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: New to the site,have a few questions

did you remove the harness from the oil tank, and the harness from the vro pump. that is what causes the horn to sound.

77-70hp excellent condition and cosmetics, $400 - 700.
 
Top