New to me 1973 Steury V415

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsmith891

Recruit
Actually the title is a little misleading. If my wife heard me call the boat that I bought her for her birthday mine, I'd be in trouble. Anyway, just picked up a 1973 Steury V415 with the Johnson 40 "Seahorse" outboard. The motor cranks up first shot every time, but the previous owner says if you give it all shes got it starts to sputter and struggles, but it cruises alright. Hull is in good shape with no leaks. I will however get the wonderful experience of doing the floors. We are painting the top with Rustoleum topside bright red this weekend and cleaning it up really good to really see what we've got, but so far it looks to be pretty nice. I will be redoing the interior in white to look real clean against the red. You will be hearing a lot from me on here looking for help with fixing her up. I am a car guy and know all about keeping old cars going (drive an '85 RX7 right now), but the boat thing is new to me.

Boat1.jpg
Boat3.jpg
Boat2.jpg
Boat4.jpg

Without a care

Seaman Apprentice
Re: New to me 1973 Steury V415

Do you still have this boat? I just picked up the exact same one and wanted to see what you thought of it.

ROBNERN

Recruit
I have one that has been restored but has been sitting up a few years. Needs a little engine work. Do you still have yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.