new round of immigration

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: new round of immigration

Posted originally by mattttt25:<br />
he explained it as the new round of immigration. in his opinion, the hispanics (and other ethnic groups that are "taking over" our jobs) are no different than the italians, irish, and germans that populated this country just a few generations ago. they come here for a chance, and work hard to be successful.
It doesn't take long for the immigrants offspring or next generation to get complacent.<br /><br /> "Hey ese, check out that vato over there looking all cholo." :eek: <br /><br />As with our own children, there will be those that are driven to succeed and those that aren't. With the majority of them being somewhere in between.<br />Those same 10 hispanic employees will have children that are spoiled and lazy. Some that will have good skills and direction. And others that are on dope/gangs and are basically social deviates. <br /><br />And the same goes for employees as well.<br /><br />Back when I was raising a family, scrimping and saving, fighting and clawing for a home and a chunk of the pie. I'd work overtime and weekends without protest. <br />I was driven, had goals and focus.<br />Generally speaking, immigrants have these same characturistics.<br /><br />All one would have to do is pay attention during a big city commute hour and you'll see plenty of very hard working "American counterparts" in action. <br />Sure, some will be on a mission of backsabbin' and talkin' smack all day or just plain gettin' over. <br />But the vast majority will be putting in a very fair and honest days labor, without protest.<br /><br />Since the problem is with the "illegal immigrants" and not immigrants. I missed your point.<br /><br />Did you have to check under the hood to learn he was 100% Italian? :p <br />Or was he just plain racist? :confused: <br /><br />Either way, I'd bet he (Antonio Terrazzo)was too smart to brag that 3 of the 10 hispanics were legal and the other 7 were cousins or inlaws of the 3, and were illegal. ;)