New Raven owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Wilburn

Recruit
Re: New Raven owner.

Just got a 1990 190BR with the 4.3. (two days ago) This is our first boat so I"m hoping for the best. Engine sounded good, went into gear smooth, everything appears to work and except for some minor torn cushions and a few soft spots in the floor near the live well it seems to be in real good shape. Supposedly, the boat has been stored inside all but the last season (prior owner bought a new boat so the old girl got cast aside). It has the bimini cover but fabric will need to be replaced this winter (after we get to play a bit)
I'll be taking it in to be checked before it gets wet, hopefully it will go well.

Super_Powers

Recruit

I also have a Raven. I have a 1990 Raven Osprey with the 165 hp 3.7 4 cyl. I have a few questions and I'm thinking they are general boat questions. But here goes...First of all I when bought the boat the shift cable was bad. So i replaced that. Then, they told me the shift interrupter switch was broken. So I replaced that. I was told by the mechanic that what the previous owner did was when the cable started going bad, they kept bending the switch out of the way and eventually broke it. Well when they broke the switch they then cut the idle back. So after I had everything replaced, the idle was too low causing me to stall out very often, thus causing my starter to go bad. SO...I had the starter rebuilt. Now, I have all that fixed and the idle adjusted back up and we were out yesterday and the boat still is not running right. Its sluggish at times and when running at a constant speed, it seems to be "surging", almost like the fuel filter is bad, or the carb is plugging. Any ideas what this might be now? Air filter? Plugs? Fuel filter? Can it be that the shift cable still needs adjusted(I don't know how this could be the problem)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Attachments

• BOAT.jpg
    BOAT.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3

Hi to all.I just got myself a 1990 195cc 2 days ago myself from a guy i know.Boat seems pretty well made and looks pretty darn good for its age.She has some problems like a few soft spots in the floor that need replaced.And aside from the soft spots and some rotten wood and fabric on the back flap over piece(not sure what it called but it folds over so you can move engine cover),Other than those minor things it seems all intact and water worthy.
She has the 3.7 mercruiser and a brand new shiny stainless prop.

My only question is about a few small holes in the drivers side of the boat that it seems to be missing something like a antena or maybe something else.The holes look factory and are very small so i am sure something was mounted there.

Bad weather is stopping me right now from tearing apart the floor and rear cover but ill post some pics of her very soon .

fishndad

Cadet

I have an 89 Admiral 2000 cc which was made by Raven. I bought it new in 90, I have the original "owner's info" which was lame at best (all of a couple of pages). The boat didn't even have the coast guard required capacity sticker.

I'm not sure what better experience other found, but on my boat I found a lot of poor construction. My adventure in restoration (so far) post is here: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=2795822

Gonna prob tear apart my floor tomorrow and see how bad the damage is to my flooring,Ive taken all the seats out and it feels pretty soft,more then i thought before now that i can step around without seats in the way.

My question now is once i remove all the flooring and put down new,How important is it to reglass on top of the new plywood? Do i have to reglass the whole floor to tie the sides of the boat back together? Or will just sealing it all be ok?

The floor dont feel soft towards the edges just mostly down the middle and i was thinking cutting about 5 inches away from the sides and replacing just that if the outside edges feel and look good.

capt black

Recruit

Just bought a Raven 195cc w/ 3.7 mercruiser/ alpha one outdrive. Take delivery tonite. Am excited about it. My first boat and cant wait. Pics coming soon. Unfortunately season is almost over here in Indiana. Looks as if you Raven owners are satisfited w/ your boats and I hope mine is no different. See you on the lake

91rsmike

Recruit

I bought a 88 raven 190br this summer and Im trying to find the owners manual. found a local guy selling boat and had it I asked if I could copy it and I would even pay him to let me do so and he thought I was trying to scam him some how so I just gave up on it. So any help would be appreciated

bmilburn

Recruit
195 CC Admiral Raven (cabin windows)

195 CC Admiral Raven (cabin windows)

I've had mine for 2 years now. Flawless running year.

Aq131D/Sp275.

One of my cabin windows is cracked and both are fogged. Anyone know when I can find a replacement. I've looked all
over and not found anything that size.

thecoastisclear

Recruit

I bought a 88 raven 190br this summer and Im trying to find the owners manual. found a local guy selling boat and had it I asked if I could copy it and I would even pay him to let me do so and he thought I was trying to scam him some how so I just gave up on it. So any help would be appreciated

Any luck with the owners manual? I'd love to get my hands on one as well.

Just bought a Raven 195cc w/ 3.7 mercruiser/ alpha one outdrive. Take delivery tonite. Am excited about it. My first boat and cant wait. Pics coming soon. Unfortunately season is almost over here in Indiana. Looks as if you Raven owners are satisfited w/ your boats and I hope mine is no different. See you on the lake

How about your year so far? Did you get yours in the water?

RavenFLA

Recruit
Re: New Raven owner. - I have a 23 Raven

Re: New Raven owner. - I have a 23 Raven

Howdy all,
Saw the thread and had to jump in.
I did a complete floor and transm rebuild on my 92' Raven 23'
I have a 5.7 OMC Cobra that had only 100 hrs on it - all fresh water.
I will try to post pics in my profile.
Talk to ya soon.

Nvr2Fast

Recruit

Hi all,

Newbie to boating and bought an '88 Raven 195cc last September. It has the 3.0 Mercruiser with AlphaOne. The boat runs great, had the lower unit resealed last winter because of a slight weep. It has had some of the interior refurbished, but for the most part is mostly original, and is amazing shape for a 25 year old boat.

I take it out on the Hudson River every chance I get and the boat does very well. I too, would love to know more about these boats. It seems that Citation boats (1900cc) of the same timeframe used the same hull. Attached, are some pics...

Safe boating...
-EdBoat 1.JPGDSC02956.JPGDSC02958.JPGDSC02959.JPGDSC02968.JPG

knehdn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Hi all.
Looked around for quite a while for a decent bow rider when last July we happened upon a 1989 Raven BR190 with the 3.7 4 cylinder Mercruiser. Had some carb problems at first, but was able to source replacement parts. Did a basic tune-up, and now runs great. Couldn't believe it has a 31 gallon fuel tank. (117 litres to us Canucks) Only thing I'm not fond of is that the bilge pump is activated by a switch on the dash and not a float switch. Something I'll refit in the spring, just not a lot of room back under there.

Attachments

• photo212522.jpg
    photo212522.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo212523.jpg
    photo212523.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
knehdn - You should be starting a new topic in this, the Raven forum. Thanks

knehdn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry 'bout that... thought I was in the Raven forum.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You are in the Raven forum, but you posted in an existing thread. I was just saying it's better and preferred to start a new thread instead of tagging on to an old one. Thanks.

Matt Shapiro

Recruit
Hey folks,
I see that most of these comments are pretty old. I'm a sort of new raven owner in Toronto Ontario. Chased a bunch of electrical problems, seals, new impeller, wires, coil, plugs, rebuilt carb and now finally running strong. I love this boat! Has anyone had any luck finding an original manual? Spent a few hours doing a deep internet search. notices a thread on you tune where the daughter of the owner commented on some videos... Anyone still check this thread?

Attachments

• photo339108.png
    photo339108.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.