New prop for my 1996 2052 capri cuddy

Bo Franzen

Recruit
Hi Folks,
I have a 3.0 engine 135HP and a defective 3 blade prop.
wich do you suggest me to choose, yet a 3 blade as on pics or a 4 blade ?
I am not out for higher speed, more like lower rev per knot.
as I understand mine is a 21 pitch.

What do you say ?

Best from a wintery Sweden
//Bo

Attachments

• prop pic 1.jpg
    prop pic 1.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 6
  • prop pic 2.jpg
    prop pic 2.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 6

alldodge

Staff member
If your getting Close to or at WOT RPM then get yours repaired or same with stainless

Didn't say which 3.0 you have so your WOT RPM can be anywhere from 4400 to 4800

Bo Franzen

Recruit
Hi Alldodge, sorry it is the 4 cyl 3.0 LX.
To get it repaired here in Sweden is kind of a problem.
So that is why I plan to replace, and I think the stainless is a bit to expensive.

Best //Bo

Attachments

• 3,0LX.jpg
    3,0LX.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 3

alldodge

Staff member
ok, so if your getting at or close to 4800 RPM when the boat is normally loaded (people, fuel, gear) then your good, IMO. If your on the low side then might be something to work with. If your on the high side then once the prop is replaced the RPM will come down anyway

What RPM are you reaching now?

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
I’d say you are really pushing things with a 21” on that set up. I happen to know a 2052 very well with a 4.3 in it. Heavy boats for a bayliner (good hulls for one too). A 3.0 will be quite laboured pushing one of these. Will manage, but will be working hard. Even at its lowest ratio in the alpha…a 21” would be a little over propped I’d think. I’d almost bet you aren’t making the top of the rpm range and if you are into the bottom end of it…be only just I’d think. But as mentioned, be good to know exactly what you are seeing now. Take it from there.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
As a starter need to know if the boats counts with an installed tach in good working order. If so report the current wot rpm achieved on flat calm water conditions as usually loaded (number of passengers) with current 21 pitch prop. Check if inside the min-max wot rpm range factory stated for that motor and go from there. Ideal is for the motor to rev at least middle of its wot rpm range although some boaters preffer around the max rpm range.

Happy Boating