new project

~ߺbb?~

Cadet
I bought a old boat I believe its a grew 14ft nice boat better then the 2 last craiglist specials I bought in the last 2 years. What I learned from this site (Thank you all)and thats what made me get rid of my bowrider and find a new boat. the bowriders deck and transom were really bad the trailer was crap etc. M new one needs some deck work but nothing like the other and its transom was just rebuilt looks great. So I am going to repair deck do the interior and a few other things and I should be good to hit the water cant wait nervous but excited. it's white and yellow right now but going to paint it hopefully ill put some pics up soon.Thinking about just patching the deck seems good except where they must of had seats screwed too it I want to patch it cause Im new to boating I may not like it or may sink it :( by the end of summer. So would you think its allright just to patch over the deck for the summer and at the end if I like the boat etc then fix it properly for the next year? I been trying to get on water for 2 years now no success but buying peoples junk and now my boat fund has shrunk I was thinking it's a good bandaid for the season. If any of use think its a ok idea would you have any suggestions on methods ?

Shellsman

Cadet
Re: new project

Shove it in the water, if it floats and runs, Have fun! thats what I did last summer with my 18,5 ft Sunray Bowrider. Now its in major restoration. The kids had a blast, We like it, hope to have mine back in the water by July. The last two pics is what lay beneath all that fun. Good Luck

Attachments

• DSCN2890.jpg
    DSCN2890.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2487.jpg
    DSCN2487.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2484.jpg
    DSCN2484.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2491.jpg
    DSCN2491.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2957.jpg
    DSCN2957.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0

~ߺbb?~

Cadet

I'm working on pics I have had it on the water though it floats :) I think I needed a long shaft motor mine is short can I cut the transom to lower the motor? if not why not? I put alot of money in this motor can not afford another.
also I cant figure out wiring I burnt out the ignition but I did figure out how to start with a toggle switch but how would a kill switch work, ground out coil maybe?

tintug

Seaman Apprentice

what kind of motor is it... im lookin for one.
;)

Andy in NY

Commander

bobby i wouldnt gut the transom... i would sell the motor and buy a long shaft one. if you cut the transom it will be alot more work to bring it back to where it was if ever needed.

~ߺbb?~

Cadet

For the price I Paid for the boat I don't mind just more wondering for safety or anything like that IF IT wasn't a good idea I been thru the headache of motors I was thinking cut this transom down use it for summer and then buy a boat next year suitable for a short shaft.

~ߺbb?~

Cadet

For the price I Paid for the boat I don't mind just more wondering for safety or anything like that IF IT wasn't a good idea I been thru the headache of motors I was thinking cut this transom down use it for summer and then buy a boat next year suitable for a short shaft.

how many pong ignition would I need for a 1960 40hp o/b eveinrude?

~ߺbb?~

Cadet

OK been a bit busy so now I have home made seats in it cushion and vinyl pending. The transom is cut 2 and a half inches lower motor seems to sit good now just have to realign the steering for the motor and I will try it out on some water.

~ߺbb?~

Cadet

tried it again works well plains now motor seems to run funny like the choke on now going to have it looked at by expert this week will help to get back on water faster.