New pontoon coming

Gloryrolls

Recruit
So my wife and I recently retired to Arkansas and built a home on Bull Shoals Lake. We sold our motor home and turned our attention to buying a boat. Bull Shoals is a huge lake of 85k acres at full level. I was thinking of a run about but my wife was wanting a pontoon. Peace in a marriage is a wonderful thing so I started to research pontoons. Wow. It has been many years since I have been involved in boats and at that time pontoons were thought of as slow lumbering barges that you loaded up with people and sort of floated around. As I found out very quickly, this is no longer the case

Yes, you can still get "traditional" pontoons, but I was shocked to learn that pontoons have evolved so dramatically. You can get them for fishing, with entertainment provisions , and in my case, as a compromise between a toon and a runabout.

Last week I placed an order for our new boat. This is what we felt was the right toon for us:
2016 Veranda 2275 RFL VP Series
27 in triple toon
Double Bimini
250 hp Mercury Verado Pro

We can't wait to get this monster out on the lake. We are looking at delivery in about 8 weeks. I will let you all know how this works out.

cc350

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Congrats! You'll love the ride of a tritoon. Happy wife happy life ;)

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
So my wife and I recently retired to Arkansas and built a home on Bull Shoals Lake. We sold our motor home and turned our attention to buying a boat. Bull Shoals is a huge lake of 85k acres at full level. I was thinking of a run about but my wife was wanting a pontoon. Peace in a marriage is a wonderful thing so I started to research pontoons. Wow. It has been many years since I have been involved in boats and at that time pontoons were thought of as slow lumbering barges that you loaded up with people and sort of floated around. As I found out very quickly, this is no longer the case

Yes, you can still get "traditional" pontoons, but I was shocked to learn that pontoons have evolved so dramatically. You can get them for fishing, with entertainment provisions , and in my case, as a compromise between a toon and a runabout.

Last week I placed an order for our new boat. This is what we felt was the right toon for us:
2016 Veranda 2275 RFL VP Series
27 in triple toon
Double Bimini
250 hp Mercury Verado Pro

We can't wait to get this monster out on the lake. We are looking at delivery in about 8 weeks. I will let you all know how this works out.
What kind of trailer did you get. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gloryrolls

Recruit
Veranda manufactures thier own trailers called BackTrack. All aluminum, 2 axels, brakes, led lights. Seemed like the right way to go. To be honest we don't plan on running the boat anywhere else so the only towing involved would be from the marina to the garage in the spring and fall. Less than a mile.

suneshop

Seaman
I think you are going to love it. Buy the way it should be very quick. Do you know what prop will be on it?

Gloryrolls

Recruit
I am putting myself in the dealers hands on prop. I will post along with pics when she arrives.