New owner with prop questions

Diverdown1969

Recruit
Howdy all!

I just picked up my first boat this spring and am trying to get it summer ready. One of the last lingering issues I am addressing is the existing prop. Each blade has a few dings and it should be replaced in my opinion. Problem I am having, I am not sure what I need for a suitable replacement because I dont know what drive is on my boat. I learned this when I was using the Mercruiser prop selector on their website. My boat is a 2006 Glastron GXL 205 Collector's Edition with the Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI. I've attached a photo of the existing prop, but do not have any photos of the outdrive. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chip

IMG_84129.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy all!

I just picked up my first boat this spring and am trying to get it summer ready. One of the last lingering issues I am addressing is the existing prop. Each blade has a few dings and it should be replaced in my opinion. Problem I am having, I am not sure what I need for a suitable replacement because I dont know what drive is on my boat. I learned this when I was using the Mercruiser prop selector on their website. My boat is a 2006 Glastron GXL 205 Collector's Edition with the Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI. I've attached a photo of the existing prop, but do not have any photos of the outdrive. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chip

:welcome: to iboats

You have a 14.5 x 19 pitch prop and has some dings. Take your prop to a prop shop and have them clean it up and go boating. Or buy another 14 1/2 inch x 19 pitch prop and go boating. It will cost more for a new one then to have yours repaired

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Befor getting a prop; I would suggest getting the prop repaired and do a lightly loaded a wot test run, get us the rpm and gps speed.
Your drive is likely alpha 1 or bravo 1 these use a 15 spline , the same prop.
Hover your curser over the boat parts and accessories tab at the top of the forum click on propellers in the drop down.
Check your spline count and pick a 19" pitch. Solas have a good reputation for the price.