New owner of a 2000 Doral 250SE

Graboon

Recruit
Just bought a 2000 Doral 250SE and plan on cruising the Ottawa River system. It has been 20 years since I've owned a boat and never had a cabin cruiser before. So much to learn, but this site looks to have a wealth of info and active members - looking forward to this journey.

Searching for owner manuals is what got me here

Last edited by a moderator:

ciscokidd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Go to the Facebook Doral forum if you have not found already, the forums seem to be dead. However I preferred them alot more, much easier to find info as threads were specific. Enjoy your 250SE, had one now have a 360SE

Idur

Recruit
Just bought a 2001 Doral 250 se with no manuals or instructions. Can anyone direct me to find manuals and electrical schematics.
Thanks

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. Although I’ve never had one of these personally, I’m a fair bit familiar with one a friend had. She had a VP 5.0 gxi (or perhaps a 5.7 gxi…one of the two anyway).
I thought she was a lovely boat with well finished cabin and cockpit…and of a quality build too.
Only slight criticism perhaps, was that it suffered the same thing that many similar boats like this do. If she was fully loaded with fuel and water, she could be very stern heavy feeling and a little lazy getting going or staying on plane at lower speeds, without the use of the trim tabs perhaps. Especially with passengers sitting at the rear. But I could say the same and worse for pretty much any other North American boat like it, that has all the machinery, tankage and very aft biased cockpit area. Considering all the above, she did ok compared to others similar.
The narrow deep v and surprisingly capable hull on her, of course also made the slipper having a requirement to finely balance her weight distribution Perhaps. But excellent in the chop for her size and quick too, for the power.
Anyway. I’m off topic. It’s quite common not to have an owners manual. But generally the wiring on these boats are very simple really. Is there anything in particular you are wondering about ? I’ve crawled about the depths of my friends boat a few times when he had her years ago. Seem to remember an issue with the toilet and macerator piping 😩