New Mystery Fastwin, needs tiller

I picked up a mystery fastwin today. That is likely between 1961 and 1963 based on the cowling and choke knobs... I'm really thinking it's a 62. There is no serial number on the frame where they typically are or even on the expansion plug between cylinders.

It needs a tiller handle with gear, I was wondering if I need to be year specific for any reason or if I can use any 18 HP tiller? It would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. This does not appear to be something that I can purchase new so I'm looking on eBay.

On another note, the lower unit drain plug is locked on about as tight as anything can be. I've been soaking it in PB blaster and I do have an impact drill that I haven't used on it, I can get the top bolt out. I did try using a hand impact tool to loosen up the nut but it won't budge... Yet at least.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your location ?---The threads are sealed.----PB blaster won't get in there.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
The two-piece tiller handle was used on a multitude of 5.5, 6. 7.5, 10, 18-20-25hp motors of the 1960's, 70.s etc. Almost too many to list. NOT the 9.9/15's though.

tiller.png