New monument in Canada

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
I heard today that Canada plans to erect a monument to the draftdodgers of vietnam. If this is true I am blown away and cant believe what I heard.......... :mad: :mad: :mad: What kind of horse pucky is this. I suppose sKerry is gonna be the one to speak at this thing when its revieled....... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: New monument in Canada

Just more evidence that Western Civilization is going the way of the Roman Empire. Getting soft and fuzzy headed all in the name of fairness and diversity. Just what the Liberals are hoping for.

brother chris

Commander

Well, I don't agree with this monument going up and seeing all the fuss this is creating, I can't see it happening. <br />The mayor of the city does not endorse this monument.<br />Here's the link to see how us Canadians think of this.<br /> http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=43dd22a7-eb98-42bf-bb13-67f10ffb8e42 <br />So we do not support this whatsoever...at least I do not.<br />A bunch of yellow bellies who cower out of their civic duty do not deserve a monument that supports them.<br />This is my opinion anyways.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Perhaps if we pool our cash we could donate a nice bronze statue of Stalin, or Pol Pot, with their boot on some poor comrades throat to go right next to it. Give it the real symbolism it deserves.<br /><br />If these jerk offs want to stick their finger in our eye, perhaps we should send a couple of million real refugees they can support with their bleeding hearts, and paper arses.<br /><br />With all deference to brother chris.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Its a bunch of draft dodgers putting up a monument<br />to themselves. Not much to see in Nelson. Very<br />small town. High unemployment.<br />A beautiful place off the west arm of Kootenay Lake.<br />Not far from the U.S. Border. No big deal.Theres<br />lots of dodgers in the area. Vancouver Island and<br />surrounding Islands have them as well.They are<br />promoting themselves. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I bet as a frogs head is water tight.The Canadian <br />Liberal government gave them a grant to build the<br />monument. :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

In the article Bro Chris posted the link to, it is said that it is a monument to peace but lets get real its a monument that is anti-American. One thing I have to say is I could scult a monument and if no one came to see it, there would be very little purpose to it. People need to fight against this but most importiantly never go near (with their money to speand) the sight or city. That will show them. They can all sit around their little statue and remember the good ole' days when their little crappy town had money thanx to tourism.

voodoo

Petty Officer 1st Class

B.C. is the gay left wing sister/brother province.<br />Don't get to bent out of shape, I think there is a Charles De Gaul monument in Quebec too.<br />WE actually do have far more freedoms than you guys down south. <br />I may not like what you have to say but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.<br />The draft dodgers have to throw themselves a party 'cause no one else will.<br />The draft WAS a horrible fate BUT remember our guys volunteered for WWII so that we(even draft dodgers) could be free to make that choice.<br />Conscientious objectors my arse. Let the cowardly sacks of sh*% have there monument.<br />There are lots of birds over there that need a statue to crap on.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> Well, I don't agree with this monument going up and seeing all the fuss this is creating, I can't see it happening. <br />The mayor of the city does not endorse this monument.<br />Here's the link to see how us Canadians think of this.<br /> http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=43dd22a7-eb98-42bf-bb13-67f10ffb8e42 <br />So we do not support this whatsoever...at least I do not.<br />A bunch of yellow bellies who cower out of their civic duty do not deserve a monument that supports them.<br />This is my opinion anyways.
This should be proof that our media is one giant propaganda machine for the liberals.<br />Chris, the news stories we have over here on NPR,NBC, and the rest of the alphabet news orgs, is that the sculpture is already in place, and the general population of Canada are planning on being at the opening event. At minimum, we are not getting any information of opposition. Therefore, your post is very reasuring to an old Navy guy like me.

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class

On the noon news (radio) today, it was reported that the mayor indicated that the project was dead because of the deluge of emails and protests.<br /><br />They went on to say that the originator of the idea said that they were still wanting to install the statue and were looking for an appropriate place to put it.<br /><br /><br />I believe that I do have a sugestion for them ;) :eek: <br /><br />JD

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

LOL. Yea, and the sun never shines there.lol<br /><br />An appropiate place...Hmmm...How about the DNC headquarters? :)

Link

Rear Admiral

brother chris<br /><br />Thanks for the link.<br />Did a google search for nelson bc.<br />Sent a letter to the editor.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was born in Pheonix, AZ<br />Moved to Fremont, CA 2 weeks later (Couldn't take the heat in July/August) ;) <br />Went to Seattle, WA in the Coast Guard in 87 and fell inlove with the area.<br />Moved to Everett, WA in 1995<br />Moving to Priest River, ID. in Oct or Nov this year.<br /><br />Craig

dogsdad

Lieutenant

People think that when the USSR fell, that a certain ideology was forever defeated. I say that's just wishful thinking. Soviet communism is the root, or the early manifestation, of something far more hideous. And now its ugly head is showing up all over the world.<br /><br />The "Peace Dividend" which was spent throughout the 90s was a hot check, and the bank is comin' and a-knockin' at the door.<br /><br />It's time to fight.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by brother chris:<br /> clerk@city.nelson.bc.ca<br />here is the email adress to the mayor of Nelson.<br />Anyone else want to send an email to tell them how you really feel :mad: about this monument.
LOL yes I also emailed him at that addy. Got the following automated response:<br />Looks more like damage control to me<br /><br />--------------------------------------------<br />THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF NELSON<br /> <br /><br />PRESS RELEASE<br /><br />FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br />RE: PROPOSAL FOR A MONUMENT TO WAR RESISTORS<br /> <br /><br />The City of Nelson has not been approached to take an official position with respect to a monument to War Resistors. City Council has not been asked to support it, to fund it, or to provide a location. The proposal is the idea of a group of individuals called "Our Way Home". No City official, including the Mayor is any way associated with this group.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Any opinions that have been expressed on this proposal are purely the opinions of the individuals making them.<br /><br /> <br /><br />The City of Nelson sincerely regrets any anxiety or misunderstanding that has occurred as a result of this issue.<br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br />Marla Olson <br />City Clerk/Corporate Secretary <br />City of Nelson <br />502 Vernon Street <br />Nelson, B. C. V1L 4E8 <br />Phone: (250) 352-8234 <br />Fax: (250) 352-2131 <br />City of Nelson web page: www.city.nelson.bc.ca

brother chris

Commander

I was just going to post the same thing link.<br />THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF NELSON<br /> <br /><br />PRESS RELEASE<br /><br />FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br />RE: PROPOSAL FOR A MONUMENT TO WAR RESISTORS<br /> <br /><br />The City of Nelson has not been approached to take an official position with respect to a monument to War Resistors. City Council has not been asked to support it, to fund it, or to provide a location. The proposal is the idea of a group of individuals called "Our Way Home". No City official, including the Mayor is any way associated with this group.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Any opinions that have been expressed on this proposal are purely the opinions of the individuals making them.<br /><br /> <br /><br />The City of Nelson sincerely regrets any anxiety or misunderstanding that has occurred as a result of this issue.<br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br /> <br /><br />Marla Olson <br />City Clerk/Corporate Secretary <br />City of Nelson <br />502 Vernon Street <br />Nelson, B. C. V1L 4E8 <br />Phone: (250) 352-8234 <br />Fax: (250) 352-2131 <br />City of Nelson web page: www.city.nelson.bc.ca <br /><br /><br />That is the same response I got.<br />So now we come to the conclusion, as per usual, it's the media's fault for this, one again!!! :mad: