New Invader owner

verbious

Seaman Apprentice
My wife and i recently bought a 1988 Invader V210 Cuddy. Has the Mercruiser 305/Alpha 1 I/O.

The boat ran great when we took her out for a test ride and she is still running great. We have taken it out a few times already and have been having a blast.

The boat mainly needed TLC. The ports needed sealed and I sealed just about every screw hole that was in the boat with Lexel. One of the best silicone sealants i have ever used.

I pulled the outdrive off to inspect the bellows and there was no water inside, but the bellows will need replaced and I will do it before next season as well as install a new impeller.

I had to replace the power steering pump. I don't think I have ever seen a power steering pump that was so worn out! I also found a crack/abrasion in the return line, so I cut and clamped it.

I need a set screw for the throttle and I need to do some work on the gauges. The gas gauge reads funky, but seems accurate when it is indicating the fuel level. Sometimes it is just on E. The Voltmeter is a little off too. It seems to read low at idle, but reads very high when we are underway. I've checked it with a multi meter and it reads 13-14 volts. I am gonna check all the grounds and add an extra strap.

We had 4 adults and 4 kids in the boat last night and it took a little while to get on plane. I suppose that is normal for 8 people in the boat.

I also need to add a fish finder and a VHF radio.

Will post some pictures later!

mendo707

Cadet
Re: New Invader owner

Congrats! We just acquired a similar boat. There was an 86 V210 Cuddy in the family being ignored and forgotten about so we commandeered it. Our has an OMC 5.7 but sadly it was the year they switched to Cobra and ours is a Stringer 800 so I haven't attempted the impeller yet.

We have taken ours out a few times and haven't had any big issues yet. It still needs a lot of work....especially the upholstery. Our trim doesn't work (it magically worked once but now just makes a single click when you press the button) and the fuel gauge is reading empty. I just tested the sending unit and it is bad. Finally got an oil extractor and did an oil change (probably first time in 6 years) and the filter was a beast to get out and back in. Also stuck a new thermostat in it. Currently waiting for a fuel filter and distributor tune up kit.

Again congrats on the awesome new boat! Our is lacking some tunes at the moment but did come with a fish finder (only trust the depth and not the fish finding).