New Humminbird 587ci

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
698
I'm not sure what the ci stands for in this model number but this looks like a decent fishfinder for the amateur fisherman that I am. I was more concerned about getting a good read on the depth so I can stop banging up my props.

Any advice on this unit? I noticed there are HotMaps that I may need to get for Minnesota Lakes. Does anyone know anything about this?
 

John_S

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
4,269
Re: New Humminbird 587ci

c = color screen
i = internal gps receiver

Register your unit on the HB website and see if there is a more recent firmware upgrade. Many units have been upgraded to also use Lakemaster charts. While only available for some states (MN is includeded), I hear they are much more detailed that Navionics Hotmaps.
 
Top