New here

Brucecav

Cadet
Just found this forum looks like allot of you go to Raystown Lake been going there since it was created. I use to have a summer home there but sold it in 2001 got our 1st RV now on the 3rd. We have a seasonal site there since we sold the summer home. I stay there mostly spring, summer and fall. Boats had a speed boat, then a 40 foot house boat currently a 22 foot pontoon boat used mainly for fishing. It is a nice lake but after being there almost 50 years sort of getting tired of it but to old now to go somewhere else. Looking forward to the 2023 fishing season at Raystown Lake.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard. Check in often. Lots of good folks on these forums.

dwco5051

Commander
Welcome aboard. Some of us on here still call it the New Raystown Dam since we also boated on the Old Raystown before 1972. Boated on the New Dam the first year it opened for power boats. A real challenge at night before there were any day markers on the points in the pre GPS days. Would navigate with just a flasher depth finder and trying to stay in the old river channel.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
we rent waterfront villas at lake raystown resort. I can put my 24' pontoon right down on the shore from the cabin. Just do weekend stay. Our 4th year come this august. We find some cove, or go south where no one hardly goes and enjoy the quiet. Wish there were a few more places to pull up and eat. The 7 points marina's restaurant was closed last year, hope it opens this season....