New Hampshire Boating Exam: Anyone take?

pred02

Seaman
Hi,
I am going tomorrow to take my proctored New Hampshire boating exam. I took the e-course and the Online Exam and pasted. Talking to the lady she said this exam is written (i.e. no computer).

Did anyone take the NH proctored exam? What is the format (i.e. multiple choice, fill in blank, etc?) The online exam was 75 multiple choice question.

I keep taking the online practice tests, but am afraid this might be harder.

Many thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Hampshire Boating Exam: Anyone take?

99% it is identical. just be sure to know any NH, special rules. and i'm glad they are doing proctored test. every state should.

tommays

Admiral

I have only taken the NY one and most of it was from the study guides with a few things thrown in about jet skis and a few trick questions with many correct answers

Like driving your boat into a marked swiming area :rolleyes:

pred02

Seaman

Multiple choice or fill in blanks?

Thanks!

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I took the NH proctored exam 3 weeks ago.

- It is multiple choice
- 60 or so questions, not 75 like the online exam
- Most (if not all) questions will be familiar to you after going through the online practice exams

I would suggest that you keep retaking the practice exams up to the day that you take the proctored exam. With a smaller number of questions, there is slightly less room for error on the proctored exam. If you are consistently getting 95 to 100% on the online tests, you won't have any problem. 24 of 25 passed the exam on the day that I took it.

Good luck,
Dan

pred02

Seaman

Thanks for the info. I got 88% and 91% but will study some more for the test tomorrow.

One last question - how long did it take to get the actual license once you passed? I am taking a trip to the Adriatic Aug 8 and was wondering if it would be in the mail before than.

Thanks!

mainexile

Petty Officer 1st Class

I took the NH proctored exam 3 weeks ago.

- It is multiple choice
- 60 or so questions, not 75 like the online exam
- Most (if not all) questions will be familiar to you after going through the online practice exams

I would suggest that you keep retaking the practice exams up to the day that you take the proctored exam. With a smaller number of questions, there is slightly less room for error on the proctored exam. If you are consistently getting 95 to 100% on the online tests, you won't have any problem.

I took it last year, and fishingdan is absolutely correct. Nothing on the test was different from the ecourse and the practice exams. Well worth the time it takes for the proctored exam. I feel much more confident about being safe and prudent on the water.:)

mainexile

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I recall correctly, I received the plastic license in about two weeks after sending in the paperwork and fee.

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When you pass the test, you immediately receive a temporary proof of certification. You can boat immediately with this. You mail in other copies with a check for $10 for the permanent card. As noted above, it will arrive in a couple of weeks.

I have been boating most of my life and I took a CG auxiliary class in the early 80s. I didn't think I would learn anything by going through this, but I have to admit that I did. While I don't agree with NH's method, I think it is valuable for all boaters to know this information.

pred02

Seaman

Passed at 98% (missed one question).

Here is a good strategy for anyone who is interested in taking the exam:
1) Read entire guide, but focus on Chapter 3 and Chapter 4. Know them and understand them very well.
2) Take practice tests. The questions on the exam are pretty much from the pool of practice tests which are available online. Keep changing the birthday and you'll get a new practice test. Understand questions you got wrong.

I was first scoring low 80s (after first pass), then high 80s,low 90s and did well. There were no surprises.

Dedicated 2 days of study should be enough, or spread out a couple of hours each night for a period of week. I boated a small 16ft with 6hp in Croatia, so this terminology was all new to me (i.e. bow, transom, etc.. I know only the local terms). So its fair to say that I don't have much prior experience with boating theory.

I mailed my form immediately for the license, I need it to boat in Croatia this summer, they said 4-6 weeks, I hope its more like 2-3 so I have the license, I dunno if they will take the temporary one (though for anyone boating in the US it should be a-ok!)

jobs.steve

Recruit

Hai I don't know about New Hampshire Boating Exam. Why this exam is conducting what kind of qualification need to write this exam. What are the age difference and any body provide me full details.
=======================
Jobs.steve
New Hampshire Alcohol Addiction Treatment